Sponsored Ad:

Thread: PhD Economics Profile Evaluation - HKU, CUHK, HKUST, and INSEAD

Trying to make mom and pop proud

Good post? Yes | No

PhD Economics Profile Evaluation - HKU, CUHK, HKUST, and INSEAD

Sponsored Ad:

Type of Undergrad: BE Structural Engineering [Top Indian school, Dean's list, First Class Honors]
    Undergrad GPA: 9.47/10
    Type of Grad: M.Econ in Economics and Finance [Top Chinese school - Tsinghua, Peking, Fudan. Full Tuition Scholarship]
    Grad GPA: 91/100 (percent)
    GRE: 169Q/170V/5.5W
    TOEFL: 119
    Math Courses: Calculus I&II, Differential Equations, Linear Algebra, and Business Mathematics (M.Econ). Undergrad transcript only says Mathematics I,II,III, and IV. I have an additional certificate of curriculum breakdown and grade.
    Econ Courses: Intermediate Micro/Macro, Financial Economics, Advanced Financial Economics, Applied Econometrics, Advanced Econometrics, International Finance, Economics of Poverty, Financial Markets, Investments, Economics of Public Issues, Financial Modeling, Industrial Organization, and Consumer Behavior.

Letters of Recommendation: 1 Econ Prof (Thesis advisor, TA'ed for) | Two Econ Prof (took courses, grade A and B)
    Research Experience: BE UG thesis | M.Econ. thesis (finance, econometrics heavy) | Part-time RA in business ethics.
    Teaching Experience: TA (International Finance, Business Mathematics, Business Ethics, and Marketing Management)
    Research Interests: Development Econ, Macro and Finance
    SOP: I haven't worked on it yet but I will detail my undergrad and grad research experience, interest in academia, and data science work experience.
    Others: Two years in data science and predictive analytics after M.Econ. Competent coder (Proficient in MATLAB, Python, R, C++, and Julia) | Mandarin Chinese speaker (HSK 5)

I am applying to PhD Econ programs in NUS, HKU, CUHK, HKUST and Insead. Do you recommend any other schools in Asia? I have an interest in marketing and consumer behavior as well? What can I add to this profile for a business management PhD program?
    Last edited by junmoxiao; 07-06-2017 at 05:47 AM.

Thread Information