Urch Forums

Advice needed.(Indian Student with a botched undergrad)

kavbag

Undergrad- Delhi University (Top Univ in India/Average college )Scored 53% (a below average score)

Scored approx 50% in the maths courses (Maths for Economics -1 and 2,Linear Algebra and Calculus )

(It's a kinda a long story though luckily I was able to wriggle myself into a masters course by placeing well in the Entrance exam.)

Currently pursuing my M.A. Economics from an average program in my country(India).

It's currently my first semester and I would like to pursue research in Behavioral/Experimental Economics.

The reason I say that it's an average program is that although the faculty is reasonably renowned (in my country at least) and has considerable publication ,the university itself has only been founded in 2008.

I will have an option to write a dissertation in my second year.However any other quality research experience would be hard to find.

What can I do to increase my chances of getting into a decent P.h.d. course upon my completion in 2019?

Would aiming for Top 30 be too high ?

• 2 weeks later...
Getting the highest possible grades from your MA program will help. But I seriously doubt your profile can get into a top 50.

What type of a profile do the top 1 year masters programs really look for(LSE EME,Mphils Oxford or Cambridge,Duke,Queens)

and how is it possible to maximise the chances of getting into those

Thanks for the honest reply :)