Urch Forums

Where the heck should I apply to?

lindseybuck95

Type of Undergrad: University of Montana

Undergrad GPA: 3.81

Type of Grad: N/A

Grad GPA: N/A

GRE: 161Q, 160V, 5A

Math Courses: Calc 1-2, Multivariate, Linear Algebra, Statistics and Probability, Econometrics

Econ Courses (grad-level):

Econ Courses (undergrad-level): Econometrics, all intro and intermediate classes with calc, Game Theory, Health Economics, Money and Banking

Other Courses: Member of Honors College, Global Leadership Initiative at my school, Two undergraduate mathematic scholarships, two undergraduate honors scholarships

Letters of Recommendation: Three professors--graduates of OSU, Cambridge, UO--all work at U of M

Research Experience: Two undergraduate thesis papers--one for the economics degree

Teaching Experience: Tutoring, not much experience

Research Interests: Urban/regional economics, public economics

SOP: Good statement of purpose, as I tend to be a good writer.

Concerns: Low GRE, quality of undergrad not great

Other:

Applying to: UWM, GWU, Georgetown, BU, BC, UO, UConn, UIC, UMass Amherst??, WUSTL,..

Where else do you think I should be applying? What are some more realistic schools that I should be looking at?

Thanks in advance!

I'm almost sure that's due to more retakes than in the past but that would be an empirical question.

Yeah, that is what I figured. Just saying it's not trivial - mine dropped 3%, crossing the silly 90% line, in about 3 years. Luckily I don't think I'm going to be needing it again, but I could imagine someone doing a 2 year masters and needing to take it again just due to the passage of time, which would be quite frustrating.