Urch Forums

[URGENT] withdrawal grade in finance

kkk1111

Hi,

I'm currently a junior in college, and I was wondering how a withdrawal grade on Finance would look on my transcript, assuming that I retake Finance in the future. This course is technically under the business school, not under the economics department. If i don't withdraw, I think I can get a B but I don' think an A is a possibility.

Please help. Thank you.

If I get an A in financial economics course or mathematical finance (one is in the econ department, one is in the math department), will that compensate for a B in this class?

The class simply doesn't matter for econ admissions. Grades in intermediate micro (and macro to some extent) and grades in key math classes (Calc I, II, III, Linear Algebra, and Real Analysis) are all that matter. If you do poorly in one of them, an advanced class might helo.

However, give it is a finance class do not take another class to "compensate." Instead, get some research experience and/or read some Smith, Friedman, Keynes, and Hayek.