Sponsored Ad:

Thread: Advice Needed

Eager!

Good post? Yes | No

Advice Needed

Sponsored Ad:
    How bad are B's in undergraduate econometrics courses (There are two; I was on the cutoff for A and B). Would it compensate if I take a grad-level econometrics course and get an A there?

Just for your reference, my math grades are:

Calc I-III (A's), Intro to Matrix Algebra (C), Intro to Proof (C), Discrete Math (B), Advanced Matrix Algebra (A), Differential Equations (A), Operations Research (A), Linear Algebra (A), Real Analysis I and II (A's), Stochastic Methods (A), Partial Differential Equations (A)

I'm from a top 20 private research university with math and econ double major, and I'm expecting to have around 3.7 GPA by the time I graduate (maybe 3.69 or 3.68 if low; my school is known to be a hard school with some grade deflation). Low grade to those C's and B's in econometrics courses (and some other irrelevant courses), but I've gotten better at math over time and got A's in advanced courses. For econ courses, I've gotten A's in Intermediate Micro and Macro and plan on taking grad-level courses if possible.

I've been doing research for my macro professor for more than a year, and he's also been my supervisor for my own independent research study, which I'll be presenting at a conference in the future. I'll also be working with a well-known professor/author of a standard economics textbook, and plan on applying for an RA position (1-2 years) before applying to PhD.

Any thoughts/advice in particular to grades, and overall? Let me know what other math/econ courses I should take, and what I should do to maximize my chance.

Thanks.

Eager!

Good post? Yes | No

Re: Advice Needed

b u m p

economist

Good post? Yes | No

Re: Advice Needed

No one will care about one or two undergraduate grades in econometrics.

Thread Information