Urch Forums

European/Canadian Masters

sgecon

Hello friends,

I'm a rising 4th year international student for Southeast Asia and would be applying for a masters program. I would like to ask you guys on your opinion on what are the best European or Canadian masters for applied microeconomics, especially on labour, public and health economics, that have good funding prospects.

My ultimate goal after doing a masters program is to have a decent shot for T10s in the US.

Here is my profile:

Type of Undergrad: Top University in Southeast Asia

Undergrad Major: Economics

Undergrad GPA: 4.9/5

GRE: Not yet taken

Math Courses: Calculus (A), Multivariable Calculus (A-), Linear Algebra I (A+), Probability (A), Analysis I-II (A, A+), Plan to take: Linear Algebra II, Stochastic Processes and Nonlinear Programming

Econ Courses: Intro (A-), Quant Methods (A-), Micro I-III (A-, A, A+), Macro I-II (A, A+), Econometrics Intro and I-III (A+, A+, A+, A+), IO (A), Programming Tools for Economics (A+), Applied Econometrics (A+), Game Theory (A+), Health Economics (A+), Plan to take: Grad Micro I, Grad Math Econs I, Macro III, Thesis

Research Experience: A little more than 1 year experience as RA for an Econs AP. Will be doing a thesis next academic year.

Adding on, I would like to ask if anyone know more information about PSE and TSE. According to the website on PSE APE, it states that for admission to M2, the qualification required is M1 or above, whereas for the TSE ETE M2 website, it states that an undergraduate of 4 years is sufficient.

I would like to ask if anyone knows whether or not, undergraduate of 4 years is equivalent to an M1?