Urch Forums

aiming to phd top 50 including the European Universities please Help!!!!

eser2121

Hello everyone,

This year I am studying Msc Economics (Italy Top 3-4) (ranked top 100 in the Repec). Before I came Italy I studied BA Economics(Top 10 in Turkey :) well if we consider the Turkish Universities Ranking, it is obviously not good ranked university

Now I am planning to apply phd econ Top 50. My bachelor CGPA 3.51 out of 4. (Math for econ I II (A), Statistics I II (B A) and other econ courses are in the A- A band.

I just started my Master degree courses 3 months ago and I think I am doing well but I would like to make a middle term plan for Phd.

My main concern is GRE. I am pretty self confidence about GRE quantitative part(>167) but main problem is Verbal part. If I will just take the Gre Quantitative parts and apply with only Quantitative parts,Do you think that it will hurt my admission?

P.S. I took 6.5 IELTS but I didnt prepare at all. I assume that I will take 7-7.5 band.

Cheers

Yes, I think it will hurt your admission. The GRE is required at most places even though they probably don't pay much attention to the verbal part. It doesn't pay to ignore something required as part of the application process.

What about my chance to admit Top %50 phd programme, Especially I am considering to apply TSE, Tinbergen, Tilburg, UCLondon, Warwick, LMU, Zurich, Top30-50 Us phd programme. Do you have any suggestions? I would like to specialize in Econometrics and MicroEconomics and MicroEconometrics.