Urch Forums

BC admit

weirdo

i just got an email with an admit at BC. I also got a RA offer of 15,200.

"Your acceptance will include full tuition plus a stipend of

$15,200 for a research assistantship. The RA is for up to 10 hours a

week"

i am relieved...thats least what i can say..

Just got the email that I was waitlisted. Anyone has a clue about how many they waitlist?

Me too. My email said something like, "If you'd like to remain on the waitlist, please let me know by email." Assuming you're going to email him, what do you plan on saying? Is this the time to say something like "BC is my favorite school ever, so I'd like to stay on the waitlist (not exactly, but you get the idea)," or just "Please keep me on the waitlist."

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
I just spoke with Gail Sullivan at BC, and she told me that all first round offers have been made, and there may be second round offers, but the first-rounders have until April 15 to decide. She told me that BC received 300 applications, and plans to make about 35 admits, with an expected yield of 15-18 for the incoming class. So if they don't get their 15-18 from the first-rounders, then there will be a second round.

I just spoke with Gail Sullivan at BC, and she told me that all first round offers have been made, and there may be second round offers, but the first-rounders have until April 15 to decide. She told me that BC received 300 applications, and plans to make about 35 admits, with an expected yield of 15-18 for the incoming class. So if they don't get their 15-18 from the first-rounders, then there will be a second round.

I would not be too optimistic though. I emailed the professor who informed me about being waitlisted and from the email I understood there are more than 30 people currently on the list. I do not know how many admits they offered, but I would not be too optimistic if you were not informed yet. Even to me he basically said if I have other options I should start seriously considering them.

You are correct veroniquaz, my post was not intended to say that I thought I was getting in. I would be delusional if after the phone call I felt that I was guaranteed a BC admit. What's the scene from Dumb and Dumber?

"What's the chances of a girl like you and a guy like me?"

"One in a million."

"So you're saying there's a chance!?"

My post was strictly for informative purposes; I have practically written off BC as a rejection.