Urch Forums

QEM Erasmus Program

chptlk

It looks really good. I studied myself in another of the ERASMUS Mundus Masters and it was a great experience. This degree in terms of courses looks much better than mine and it also includes pretty reputed institutions, so if you do not mind to go through the hell of applying in the next year again and are confident you will do well in the QEM courses, I would go for that. However, there is one concern. Will you have any grades by the time of applying?

Thanks for the replies. Yes its quite a wonderful opportunity. The institute they have offered me for my second year is Bielefeld, which seems really tight in math eco, which is primarily what I'm interested in. The only problem I have is my age. I'm 25 now, and I don't know how long I should delay the PhD. Most of my heroes in the field of Math and Eco. got their PhDs at a ridiculously young age. I'm just a little scared of losing whatever edge I have too soon.:(

• 1 year later...

Hi. everyone. My name is Usman. I actually wanted to ask that do you think that the QEM (Erasmus Mundus Masters) will help in getting a decent job in Europe, if not in Germany then at least in England, or in France. Are the universities which are in the consortium recognized in England??, and simply are there any job prospects if I do not know any European language?? like French and German. But those languages will not be counted in UK, so if I plan to leave to UK after the completion of QEM. Then is it a possibility for me to get a job.......

Please someone reply me

From what i know the QEM is a rigorous Master program designed primarily as a stepping stone for a PhD and further research, with a strong emphasis in Mathematical Economics. It should also be a good program to work in Quantitative Finance ("Quant").

They only require that you speak english, (Exams and classes are in English), the rest of the languages they teach you.

But it all comes down to what you want to do and to be absolutely honest i´m not sure in understood all of your questions.

The institutions of the Consortium are all well known and respected not only in the UK, but also in EUrope and throughout the world, i suppose.

just my:2cents:.

ALso, it seems it´s a rule of this forum not to post your name or contact details.

Hi,

Sorry if I was a little vague, i actually wanted to ask that:

After the QEM program if I want to do a job and not to pursue studies further then is it possible to get a decent job of atleast 40K in Europe after I have done completed the above mentioned degree.

In short, what are the JOB Prospects after doing the QEM masters.

waiting for your reply

Regards,