I got an offer from Wharton's Applied Econ program. I am still waiting for some other schools, but I'm pretty sure I'll accept the offer since it's at the top of my list. Now I have several questions and any input is appreciated:
1. The placement record for the 3 programs that make up the new Applied Econ program seems pretty industry-focused, and the a number of the academic placements seem to be post-docs. Why is this?
2. How generous is Wharton's funding package compared to other schools/departments?
3. If it's not possible to get placed at a US research university, how is a Wharton AE PhD viewed by universities in...say Hong Kong?
4. Which specialty in Wharton's AE program has the brightest placement prospect?
5. Are current students in Wharton's doctoral program happy?
Thanks guys! If anyone else is going to Wharton, let's get in touch!