Urch Forums

Johns Hopkins?

ekonofreak

I haven't heard back from JHU. Is anybody in a similar situation? Today they replied a previous email saying they are working on sending more decisions out this week. Does anybody know something about it?

I'm with you. I sent email to the secretary today, but I haven't heard anything yet. I hope your news is true.

Unfortunately, it appears that anyone who hasn't heard yet will be rejected. Rejections will hopefully be coming out today or tomorrow, but if not I would imagine by next week. I do not believe Hopkins has a waitlist. Also, seeing as the flyout is tomorrow, it is further evidence that anyone who hasn't heard yet will be very unlikely to receive good news.

Also, in speaking with people in the department, I've been told that in the last couple of years the quality of applicant has been markedly higher than in years past. Prior to last year, around 60 students were offered admission. Last year, as well as this, has seen this number cut to just over 40, due to the increase in applicant quality and subsequent funding offers. So if you did not receive an offer for admission, please believe that it is absolutely true that many GOOD and qualified applicants had to be turned away. I know this is not much of a consolation, but it is the truth and should make the sting at least marginally less severe.

Good luck to everyone still waiting to get off wailists and the like, and have fun at your flyouts!

Danny