Urch Forums

Chicago(20) vs. Yale(36) vs. Princeton(28)

Greecon

Now that MIT finally answered (obviously negatively, as I do not include it in the title) I guess it is decision time. My major options are Chicago, Princeton and Yale, all funded. My interests include micro, IO and finance engineering but I expect them to change.

My problem is that my girlfriend is thinking of MBA and there is need for a good but not necessarily top10 MBA program (as she might be unlucky) nearby.

Any comments will be helpful!

If you went to Princeton, your girlfriend could get an MBA at Columbia, NYU or Rutgers. Chicago and Northwestern both have MBAs. Yale has an MBA. If Yale is too difficult, I believe UConn has an MBA and is about 45 miles away.

Your girlfriend can find a place regardless of your choice.

When you say micro, do you mean micro theory? If you mean theory, Princeton has to look really good to you. If you mean applied micro like devo/IO, then Yale is a great choice. You really can't go wrong with any of the three. Congratulations on the great admits.

When you say micro, do you mean micro theory? If you mean theory, Princeton has to look really good to you. If you mean applied micro like devo/IO, then Yale is a great choice. You really can't go wrong with any of the three. Congratulations on the great admits.

Well I consider myself mostly a theory guy, so it seems Princeton is slightly better.

Thank you all for your help!