Urch Forums

How many times will your SAT scores be shown in the SAT score report?

knok

Hi everyone,

How many times will your SAT scores be shown on the score report? Is it 3 times or more? In GMAT, the score report will show your newest score and the two previous scores. I am not sure whether the score of SAT will be considered as same as that of the GMAT or not. Some schools will average your scores, others will take only your highest score. However, as I checked, mostly, schools in CA will take your highest score. Do I miss something? Can anyone please tell me which schools will average your SAT scores? (So that I will skip those schools. :( )

I went to see the college counselor and consulted about SAT. She told me that there was a student taking SAT for 8 times last year. Finally, he got the score he wanted and got accepted from Harvard University. She also said that the problem was about students themselves. Mostly, students burnt out after kept taking it so many times. That's the point to be aware of.

If it is 3 times, it is better to take it again to get rid of the bad score of the first time taking. Also, the difficulty of each test is different. I guess. :rolleyes:

Thank you and hope to get some responses.

Erin, I changed my discussion forum for some reason for a while. I think that I burnt out from TSE. It sounds like that SAT forum is more fun. :) There is a new hope for our next generation.

Knok ;)

Hi Babypurin,

Since I haven't got any response until today afternoon, I went to see the director of outreach at Princeton Review this morning. If my listening was not bad, I understood that the SAT would report all of your scores that you have taken the SAT.

Only few schools will average your scores. The good part is that some schools will choose only the best score of each section on different tests. For example, Washington University in St.Louis will consider the best scores of Math, Verbal and total score separately. That's a good news. ;)

I got the result of the pretest of my son's ACT. He got the highest score of writing in ACT pretest at Princeton.(10/12) The director told me that all of Princeton staffs were surprised when he read my son's essay, "He wrote better than a native speaker." I hope that he can get a good score in a real ACT. :tup: I am happy now since I used to worry about my son's writing.

Even though you are an international student, don't be discouraged. You can do it. :tup:

Knok