Urch Forums

Confused about sending scores

shimoo

I am planning to write the SAT on 8th Oct,2005. I am writing it from India(Hyderabad).I have shortlisted about 5 colleges.Is this enough or do i need to select more? I have to send the SAT and TOEFL scores. If i send the application before, the SAT score later and TOEFL score after that, how will the college people know that the SAT and TOEFL are mine?

I am planning to write the SAT on 8th Oct,2005. I am writing it from India(Hyderabad).I have shortlisted about 5 colleges.Is this enough or do i need to select more? I have to send the SAT and TOEFL scores. If i send the application before, the SAT score later and TOEFL score after that, how will the college people know that the SAT and TOEFL are mine?

When you sign-up for the SAT you are given a choice if you want to immediately send your colleges your scores for free or if you want to wait-and-see if you got the score that you desired (although, you have to pay the College Board money to send all of your desired colleges your scores). So in essence, no you do not need to choose all of your colleges as soon as you sign up for the test - Remember: You can always send your scores via your personalized "control panel", so you can do it at the pace you would like.

It depends on how much after you send in your application will your SAT/TOEFL scores arrive. Although colleges will not look at your application until everything arrives, many colleges will give you a break by allowing you to take tests after their deadline - although this doesn't apply to every college, a majority do this. Remember: in some cases you will have to rush your scores if you are really pushing the deadline.