Urch Forums

SAT score errors for October 2005

knok

Here is the message I received through email.

We wanted to make sure that you heard the latest news on the October 2005 SAT.

Essentially, the infamous College Board and ETS scored over 4,000 of the October 2005 SATs incorrectly. Basically, some test takers did not receive credit for all of their correct answers. So, these students received lower scores than they actually earned on their tests. For the full story, check out the article from today’s New York Times.

If you’re one of the students affected by this, the College Board will be contacting you, probably through e-mail, by Thursday (March 9). In the meantime, if you have any questions, the College Board has set-up a hotline: 866-387-2594.

This news makes me feel extremely bad to ETS. :( I am glad that SAT has a competitor, ACT. My son took both tests. He could get by with the ACT. He also took the SAT in Oct but he chose to send colleges he applied the October ACT score.

I bet that it happens to TSE as well. The different is just about, " those who take the TSE are all foreigners."

Yeah, I was trying to post about that, but my posts wouldn't go through. That's terrible. What's worse is that many colleges have already sent out decisions, and I'd bet that many won't be able to change their decisions.

At least, my son has been accepted to 3 universities right now, U of IL, Urbana-Champaign, U of MO-Columbia, and St.Louis University( with 4 years of Dean' scholarship). University of Michigan- Ann Arbor sent him a letter notifying him that he is in a final round. The university is reviewing his mid-year report. I am waiting for it. ;)

How can we trust College Board or ETS? :yuck:

:( Oop! Duplicate. The TSE experience taught me about this ordeal. That's why I had my son take both tests, ACT and SAT. How come my son get Math of SAT only 640 while getting Math ACT = 34? Also, his Math I score is 750 without much preparation.:(

However, it is over. :grad:

At least, my son has been accepted to 3 universities right now, U of IL, Urbana-Champaign, U of MO-Columbia, and St.Louis University( with 4 years of Dean' scholarship). University of Michigan- Ann Arbor sent him a letter notifying him that he is in a final round. The university is reviewing his mid-year report. I am waiting for it. ;)

Congrats on the acceptances!

How can we trust College Board or ETS? :yuck:

Nope. But it's either the ETS or the ACT people. Thing is, I can't do the science section on the ACT (got a 28, I think...) so it brought my ACT score down. sigh. Oh well. I always knew they couldn't be trusted.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...