1. If volcanoes erupt explosively and cast fluid lava high into the air, _____, dispersed by the wind, gives rise to particles of various sizes.
a. the lava
b. and lava
c. when lava
d. which lava is
2.______directly with most metals to form compounds called carbides.
a. carbon reacting
b. carbon reacts
c. the reaction of carbon
d. when carbon reacts
3. Lizette Woodworth Reese's best known poem is the sonnet "Tears",______ in 1899 in Scribner's magazine.
a. to publish
c. to publish it
d. was published
1. A. We need a main subject here. (dispersed by the wind is an adjective phrase)
2. B. We need a main subject (carbon) and a main verb (reacts).
3. B. We can use either an adjective clause (which was published...) or an adjective phrase (published...) here. D is not correct because it would give us a double verb (is... was...).
Hope that helps!
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)