Urch Forums

I need your help

malak

Hi everyone:

This is my first time I write in the forum but I like it and I know that you can help me. I took the TOEFL test three times but I did not pass; and my failure was in the reading section. In each time I took the same score which is 16/55. I tried from the second time to solve this problem but.....

I do not know what to do while I need to take it for the forth time in order to enter the universty on September.

Please I need your soultion and your advice to help pass the problem and pass the test.

thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Malak,

What is the score that you want and how much did you score?

What do you think in the RC is difficult and getting your score down?

When I took my TOEFl( a couple of days bk), I got 44 qns.So I allotted time(15 mts) for each passage(There were 4 passages).So I gave 3-4 mts for reading the passage and the rest to answer the qns.I completed 4 passages in an hr.I took the rest 10 mts to review all the answers.

Improving your score on the RC is not very difficult-

Have you taken practice tests on POWERPREP??If yes, how much did you get?

The powerprep s/w which you get when you register for the TOEFL should be sufficient.Addnal tets can be taken from-Barron's,Princeton.

Hope that helps!!

-Priyanka

The TOEFL reading comprehension section test skills different from the skills of the other sections--you will need a deeper and better understanding not just of English, but of relatively complex ideas as well.

I usually recommend slow, careful reading of authentic TOEFL passages to improve. Go through the passages slowly, take notes, look up words you don't know. Do the questions, check your answers, and analyze where you went wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you guys for the informations

first, I need score of 550 and I scored 533. Second, I do not have problem with reading the passages or answering the questions but most of the time I do not understand what is the passage talking about. Although, when I do the real test in the house I got in rc betwwen 25 and 40/55 but in the real TOEFL I got between 15 and 17. So, please if you can help me by giving me some names of vocabulary books or websites, because, I think my problem is on the vocabularey. Also, can you give me some methods of how to study them.

Thank you again