Urch Forums

Hey!!!!

AnnaB

Hello, Anna!

First of all, visit the TOEFL official site and read all information about the test there. Then download and install their PowerPrep software. After passing two practice tests, you will see your score at the moment that, actually, will not be your level of English proficiency. The second step in the preparation should be a visit to the nearest library. A library, not store, is the most perfect source of books. Try to get books with CDs that emulate the actual CBT TOEFL. In addition, I advise you to listen to http://www.wpr.org/book/realaud.html , to read more and to write every second of your free time.

By the way, my exam will be on September, 8.

Hi, riz1983!

I'm sure that I won't gain many new words in my vocabulary for these 2 weeks. So I'm concentrating on practice that simulates the real test. Because writing is my greatest problem, I'm trying to write as many essays on computer as time allows me. In addition, I watch all TV in English, read all books, articles and web pages in English, and talk to Americans.

What do you do in order to be well prepared?

Good luck!

HI DRNET and MINUD..

THANX...

I am just practicing, practicing and practicing. I have concered the Barrons book and CD, AWL CD and Toefl Powerprep by ETS. I am trying to finish TWE section of 185 essays by reading others that they posted on the internet and by writing it.

I have done my bachelors and now going to take admission in Graduate MBA program and minimum this program require the marks of toefl is 213 and maximum 260 (College Park). My GMAT is on the 11th of October, 2004.

BEST OF LUCK IN THE NEAR FUTURE.. 3 cheers for u guyz ..

Riz

Inshallah, You are gonna score 290+ without a shadow of doubt. I'll pray for you and for all other test takers who are sitting in the exam. Everything is going to be fine.

Please when you come back to home not to forget sharing your experience with us.

Stay Cool!

Asad

• Like 1

DrNet and the others - good luck on yor tests, I promise I will be praying for you gyus tommorrow. Im gonna take TOEFL in November, 13th, and I am kind of nervous cuz my english language is wayyy awful :yuck: So, what would you reccomend me to do? I have two problems -essay and vocabulary. Can you suggest anything to do or to study?

P.S. AnnaB is...me! I just forgot my password and had some problems with restoring it, so i decided to create a new one and now I am AnnaL. Hi :p

• 1 month later...