Urch Forums

A big suprise in the test 1 of POWERPPREP

elevenoceans

Hello everybody,

Yesterday I took my first test in the POWERPREP, and after an intensive preparation for the last monts. When I was given the results in the end of this test I got a suprise in the reading section. I scored 22 contrary to all of the expectactions that I had had in my previous exercices. I think I would have not problem in the reading section since I was able to understand a test when I read it ( or at least I thought, I do not know anymore). Moreover, I finished the reading section 10 minutes in advance.

I would like to know if someone here in this forum has the same experience as I and what do you think about this. I hope that my score improve in the test 2.

• 2 months later...

hey,

i do have da same problem. i score well in the rest of the sections . But when it comes to reading..... the best part is i'm very confident while marking the answers. To my surprise many 'em are incorrect and after reading the explanation given for the right ansrwes they seem to be logical. guess we hafta work on the inference section. That's more tricky

Concur with all of you.. I scored only 24 least of all the sections in toefl...You'll be more sure that you got the answer right and it will be more obvious..but you can be assured you are incorrect...

Practice as many RC's.. Questions where you'll asked to find which word refers to which one in the parag..try re phrasing the sentence that will help..

Look at the post by Sanjana...thats a classical example..

• 3 weeks later...

hiiiiiiiii guys,i am a new member of this forum............

i also have problem with reading,when m reading passage i feel i

know what i m reading but i can not score more than 22:mad:

please help me friends:(

hey,

i do have da same problem. i score well in the rest of the sections . But when it comes to reading..... the best part is i'm very confident while marking the answers. To my surprise many 'em are incorrect and after reading the explanation given for the right ansrwes they seem to be logical. guess we hafta work on the inference section. That's more tricky