Urch Forums

help me with ibt reading

murthy

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks jyo

the topic for independent writing was ,is it better concentrate on osingle subject and plan for ur career from childhood or is it better to concentrate on general subjects

speaking was really easy, topic for independent task was general topic.but vocabulary was difficult and i had never encounterd them before

hi,

murthy

Even i am retaking test again. I got 86. If u please tell me about what was your independent speaking topic. I am taking again tomorrow. For reading i used delta's book with cd. In the cd they have 4 full test. I found very useful. I did all longeman reading part and delta's reading part. And i got more than i want. Delta's cd is expencive. so try to get from library. If u have any suggession for speaking part then please suggest me any book for that. I am retaking again for speaking part. I need 26 and i got only 20. I used already longeman cd rom.Waiting for ur fast reply. Please first tell me your independent general topic.

thanks, indospurfan for info

i got 26S,24L ,22W and 15R.

hey,sbc sorry for late reply.

the topic for independent speaking was important social event,group vs individual study.

indospurfan , can you tell me the reading passage u got in exam and how did u practise for vocabulary.i had a problem with reading during exam.the problem was , the first reading passage was only for 20 minutes and i was unable to review it.second and third passage was 40 minutes and i was able to review it. did u face such problem or i am the only one who had this problem.please shed some input about this.

hi,the topic of reading i remembered i had was about japan's culture. You can find some useful reading in BARONS and KAPLAN.

Would you please share us some tips on obtaining a high score in the speaking part? do you have to speak loudly and did you speak fluently and fast? Pls.give us some insights on how you deliver your speaking test. thanks.

hi,

spwan ,i prepared from longmann prep course.it is really good.YES ,make sure that u speak loudly and coherently. i would really advise u to prepare as it is in longmann.topic which i received for reading was nebular telescope,london and egyptian art.hope this help u.

hi,the topic of reading i remembered i had was about japan's culture. You can find some useful reading in BARONS and KAPLAN.

Would you please share us some tips on obtaining a high score in the speaking part? do you have to speak loudly and did you speak fluently and fast? Pls.give us some insights on how you deliver your speaking test. thanks.

Hi Murthy,

Sorry for the late reply. I am preparing from Kaplan book and Cracking theToefl iBT book. I got the second book from library. Rest I am preparing on my own.I am also practicing on all essays topics.

I have one request from all iBT test takers that plz try to post questions. Mainly on the speaking and the writing section.

This will help us lot.

Thanks

hi,

spwan ,i prepared from longmann prep course.it is really good.YES ,make sure that u speak loudly and coherently. i would really advise u to prepare as it is in longmann.topic which i received for reading was nebular telescope,london and egyptian art.hope this help u.

Hi murthy, may I ask you what your speaking mark was? In my first attempt i didn't prepared for speaking according longman format and i got 20. Now I am preparing for speaking according your advice.

for the general speaking topic, It was the most memorable event during your school time. and i can't remember the other one.

reading passages were so difficult. one was about meteors ,the other was about erie channel or something .

hi, thanks for the topics.for first two independent speaking i think you will have sufficient time.FOR integrated try to speask only two sentences about thereading passage and concentrate more on listening.please speak slowly.

Hi murthy, may I ask you what your speaking mark was? In my first attempt i didn't prepared for speaking according longman format and i got 20. Now I am preparing for speaking according your advice.

for the general speaking topic, It was the most memorable event during your school time. and i can't remember the other one.

reading passages were so difficult. one was about meteors ,the other was about erie channel or something .

hi, thanks for the topics.for first two independent speaking i think you will have sufficient time.FOR integrated try to speask only two sentences about thereading passage and concentrate more on listening.please speak slowly.

ok, thanks.I'll try to speak slowly. In my test in 4 questions of the 6 I couldn't finish them on time. I think I shouldn't have gone for details.

One more question; for the writing, I'm really wondering how I can improve it. I am reviewing the sample essays from Barron for now and try to write one essay per day. But they seem the same as my previous essays. How can I raise my writing level? please share your ideas. My next exam is coming in 1 month.

in speaking(general topics) i got

1. what are the qualities of a good teacher and

2. where do you like to spend your free time and why?

and in writing

do you take the decision making alone or do you take others help. something like this

even i am retaking on april 8.how can i help u.how is prep going on

im tasneem.

i m goin to take mi toefl ibt on 8th of april.

can u plz give me ur email address so that i can ask mi concerns.thanks

ill be waitnig for ur reply eagerly .hope to have ur reply soon.

Hey, i am giving all the info i remmeber in my toefl april 8th.

reading, fossils, farming in britan, cave paintings and sound movies in us and other one i dont remmeber.

Speaking- Most important public service in your country

Writing-several subjects v/s single subject

hey how u. .... all.

i saw ur forums n it was very helpful to me........ but i need to ask u one thing to tasneemshaikh n murthi that if u have given ur toefl ibt on 8th april......... can u please tell me that from where u have prepared for the test......

n if possible can u please send me the longmann book or cd bcoz i cannot afford it to buy n i have to acheive 100 score in toefl ibt bcoz the college i m applyin for has toefl requirement of score 100........

or else if u can tell me how can i get the cheap fair for book.

can anybody help me for the toefl ibt speakin.... how is it n is it tough........

hey murthy this is anuwantsu n i want o ask u that how was ur exam n can u please send me ur toefl prep material.......Please

how much did u score for ur toefl.......... i mean wat is ur score range.

Hey, i am giving all the info i remmeber in my toefl april 8th.

reading, fossils, farming in britan, cave paintings and sound movies in us and other one i dont remmeber.

Speaking- Most important public service in your country

Writing-several subjects v/s single subject