Urch Forums

Suggestion regarding taking notes

carpe

Should you be able to take notes in the reading section to answer the questions? Is that worth ..? I accept every suggestion please!

thanks

In the reading section, you can always go back and reread the passage, so do you really want to take notes? I think it is unnecessary and maybe waste of time. Again this is my opinion:) !

• 3 months later...
In the reading section, you can always go back and reread the passage, so do you really want to take notes? I think it is unnecessary and maybe waste of time. Again this is my opinion:) !

hi just wanted to clarify, are you referring to toefl-ibt reading exam? are we allowed to go back to the story even its computer based? Thanks!!!:D

• 1 month later...
I think taking notes it is important to answer the question that need to select 3 main points of the reading section

In writing section we will have to read the passage and it will disappear after 3 min and we will listen thew lecture and then again reading passage reappear finally we have to take time to write from both reading and the lecture. my question is longman says we should be able to take the short notes from the reading passage before it disappear ,if it reappear why should we take notes ? and one more question can we read the passage while writng task #1.I appreciate your help.

Hi aamer,knonk,

thanks for the info.

Knok, 29 is a great score i really want to be in your shoes .could you please tell me what material you followed and any suggestions regarding writing#1,2 will be greatly appreciated.

saryu.

Any book is good for reading. To get a high score in reading, you need to do a lot of reading practice exercises. Then, you can increase your speed and memorize vocabulary.

I studied in American schools for 8 years now. When I studied in graduate school, I had to read at least 500 pages for my research each week. This shows that the reading skill is really important for graduate study. If your reading speed is not fast, it is hard to finish reading assignments in time. However, I got 29 since before I attended graduate school.(I got 64 in reading in 1996) I read a lot of articles and practice exams in every preparation books. At that time (Before I attended graduate school), I think I read more than 500 passages of old TOEFL exams and did the old exam questions of TOEFL. I worked for European Pharmacuetical companies. My jobs were related to reading and presenting research studies published in English. I also attended school in my country where English was used in its lecture materials. At that time, nobody wanted to translate them to my language.

Good luck.

Knok