Urch Forums

Questions about, "Actual" TOEFL Format

CrazyandLazy

Ok I am really confused about the TOEFL iBT fomats. Currently I use two books. One is by ETS and the other by Longman. In the former one it says that the reading contain 3-5 passages but the Longman book only has 3 passeges in their full test.

My question; What is the actual TOEFL test formtat that you guys took? Is it 3 passages with 60 minutes or 3-5 passages with 60 or so minutes? Right now for one passage, I currently take 5 minutes to read the whole passage and the remainder 15 to answer the question. Is my currrent take on the time resonable when I actually take the test? I winder about other sections also. How should I limit myself in time so that I don't panic or run out of it in the actual test.

My test date is on 24th of November. I already did a rough prep and am now making final preps. Please help. I would look for answers on this forum usually but my connection kinda crappy these days....Thanks in advance.:D

Hi,

I just started to prepare myself for the iBT as well. On the ETS Toefl page there is an online toefl tour, which describes every section and the type of questions you might expect on the actual test. According to the online tour there are 3 reading passages, with different type of questions...

If you registered online to the test, you can get this free online test where you can get a better idea of each section. In addition they sell online the practice test with real scores for every section, that may be helpful if you are willing to pay more...

Hi friends.

I just finished my toefl.

I got 3 passages in reading section. In first part of reading section there was only 1 passage and counting timer started with 20 minutes. In second part of reading section there were 2 passages and counting timer started with 40 minutes. So total 3 passages and 60 minutes.

So I think you don't need to worry, you will also get the same, because last month my cousin also gave TOEFL and the pattern was same for him also.

In listening I got 2parts with 1 campus conversation and 2 lectures in each and 20 minutes to answer both parts.

Speaking and writing section was same as we see in practice book.

In speaking 6 questions.

In writing 2 ( integrated and independant).

I hope this will help.

All the best.:tup:

bye.

Regards,

Sana

Hi friends.

I just finished my toefl.

I got 3 passages in reading section. In first part of reading section there was only 1 passage and counting timer started with 20 minutes. In second part of reading section there were 2 passages and counting timer started with 40 minutes. So total 3 passages and 60 minutes.

So I think you don't need to worry, you will also get the same, because last month my cousin also gave TOEFL and the pattern was same for him also.

In listening I got 2parts with 1 campus conversation and 2 lectures in each and 20 minutes to answer both parts.

Speaking and writing section was same as we see in practice book.

In speaking 6 questions.

In writing 2 ( integrated and independant).

I hope this will help.

All the best.:tup:

bye.

Regards,

Sana

Lucky you. You didn't do extra work for ETS.

No mbm09, yet I have not done with my TOEFL.

Now I'm having very bad headache, because I don't know what will be my result.

I think preparing for exam is much easier than waiting for score...

I hope I will not need to repeat TOEFL..

Don't know what will be the result....just just wating for my score.

All the best to you.

-Sana