Urch Forums

5 passages

abgee76

I was wondering if all the passages are scored if you have 5 passages. I talked to somebody who took it already and said that only the first three are scored while the rest is just for ets survey purpose for them to gauge if these passage are acceptable for those taking the next exam. However there are some who are telling me that it is random, some passage does not count but not necessarily the last two. CAn anybody clarify these please. Thanks>:)

I was wondering if all the passages are scored if you have 5 passages. I talked to somebody who took it already and said that only the first three are scored while the rest is just for ets survey purpose for them to gauge if these passage are acceptable for those taking the next exam. However there are some who are telling me that it is random, some passage does not count but not necessarily the last two. CAn anybody clarify these please. Thanks>:)

In my opinion, although ETS requires test takers to take 5 passages, and according to the ETS guidlines that 3 passages only are going to be scored, and the remaining 2 passages ( not necessarily the last 2 passages which were number 4 and number 5 passage....)will serve as an experimental passages for assessment and development of better ibt test in the future. It is obvious that ETS will select only the 3 reading passages that you had scored the best, out of the 5 reading passages(ETS will not select passages randomly). If my speculation is true, there is always a big chance to pass the reading. BEST OF 3 OUT OF 5....LOL.. like a tennis match...

• 2 months later...