Urch Forums

I need 26 in speaking and seek practice partners on line by skype

annona123

I am looking for speaking parner in the USA through Skype. My time zone is -6 GMT. I had taken TOEFL three times with overall scores over 103, but can not pass the barrier of 26 in speaking. My scores were 24, 22, 23. The last time ordered rescoring and got 19. If somebody can give me an advice how to prepare, it will be great. Honestly, I feel desperate because I need 26 points to be allowed to take EIT exam in Illinois.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Taniv,

I didn't have a speaking partner but what I did to get 26 in speaking is to record my voice with my cell phone and replay when I am answering the questions.

Check the RISE website for guides on each question(he has up to 80 practice questions ther for free), you can also google Youtube toefl speaking. check english1on1 website aswell.

When you get into the hall for your next test try and get about 6 sheets to jot. Use 4 sheets to write out your outline for the 6 speaking question before you start the test. When you are answering the questions try to have a picture of what you want to say clear in your mind. You should use your preparation time for that. Please if you have a native accent it is okay we all do,don't try and speak with a fake american accent. Just talk slowly like you were explaining to a child. You shouldn't attack the question as if it were a debate. Talk the way you would talk to a close friend. Speak louder than your normal voice.

I wish you the best of luck.

I am looking for speaking parner in the USA through Skype. My time zone is -6 GMT. I had taken TOEFL three times with overall scores over 103, but can not pass the barrier of 26 in speaking. My scores were 24, 22, 23. The last time ordered rescoring and got 19. If somebody can give me an advice how to prepare, it will be great. Honestly, I feel desperate because I need 26 points to be allowed to take EIT exam in Illinois.

Thank you.

I want to practice with you I will manage yor timing please let me know when you will be available?? I can talk with you in skype or through gtalk

Please become my speaking partner. Actually I anyone want to practice with me please express your interest. I am eager to speak. my skype id is bibaswanbiswas

I don't know if u have a speaking partner yet am very much interested.Skpe id is same as this.Will be glad to get a reply from you

Thank you.

I don't know if u have a speaking partner or if you have taken the exams.If you still need one am available as mine is next month.Am in US too