Urch Forums

anyone who is aimed to get 26 in speaking is welcome in the group

nir

HI there, I am practising for getting 26 in speaking. Got always 23-24. So whoever is interested with similar purpose should join me on sky pe by giving a private message. I am available for the whole day generally. i have a material for speaking practise too.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

I am interested in joining you all.

I get 24 everytime and i want to clear this time with 26.

Please reply and share your skype id.

CONTACT DETAILS DELETED BY MODERATOR. Please use Test Magic messaging system.

Let me know what to do?

Thank you in advance.

Edited by wasleys

You all need to know how to specifically answer each of the 6 speaking questions.

Let me ask you, on Speaking question 3, do you need to take notes on the reading? How about on #4? How many people speaking on #3, and how many issues do they always have? Do you think your accent is important? Do you think you will lose points if you get cut off without finishing? etc....

My point is learning all these tricks and tips about the Speaking will help you to push up a few more points, if you do not already know them. This can be the difference between 24 and 26 (did you know there is NO 25 on Speaking?)

Tino

Hi Tino

Thanks for your concern.

I guess for me speaking 3 is not a problem as I got good(3.5-4) and based on that I think that accent is not a problem. I got 24 so may be I need to change the way I am responding to other 4 task apart from campus situation.

thanks again

You all need to know how to specifically answer each of the 6 speaking questions.

Let me ask you, on Speaking question 3, do you need to take notes on the reading? How about on #4? How many people speaking on #3, and how many issues do they always have? Do you think your accent is important? Do you think you will lose points if you get cut off without finishing? etc....

My point is learning all these tricks and tips about the Speaking will help you to push up a few more points, if you do not already know them. This can be the difference between 24 and 26 (did you know there is NO 25 on Speaking?)

Tino

Just to be clear, Ruju, you got a 4/4 on ONE of the campus situation tasks -- either task 3 OR task 5 (it's impossible to determine which one from your score report since the three sub-scores are averages for tasks 1 & 2, tasks 3 & 5, and tasks 4 & 6, respectively).

Forming a study group is certainly better than studying alone in isolation, both for the moral support as well as the "fresh ears" to possibly pick up strengths and weaknesses of which you were not previously aware. However, I think Tino is pointing out the fact that it's really hard to get the precise feedback you need if you are only working with other people who are also currently stuck at 3/4 on each question (23/30 overall) and have not experienced many (or any) 4/4's, themselves.

I realize it will come across as self-serving, since I am a professional tutor, but I would strongly recommend that each of you in the group either individually or collectively seek out professional assistance in addition to your group practice (or attempt to recruit members who have scored 26-30 on the TOEFL speaking, although this may be hard since they probably want to forget all about TOEFL after reaching their goal). In any event, best of luck to all of you.

Corey, I totally agree. Going from 22/23 up to 26+ in speaking is a big jump. If you have trouble in past tests getting less than 26, doing some Skype practice with other test takers is not going to provide you with that jump you need to 26. If you keep getting just under 26 every time you take TOEFL, you need to do something different than how you have prepared in the past.

Tino

Hello everyone. Mi name is Federico and i live in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

I am taking the test sometime by the end of the year, but i really need to improve my conversation. My level is intermediate.

I am usually available in the afternoons/nights.

Please contact me, whoever wants to have a conversation.

Saludos!

Federico