Urch Forums

I just recieved scores for my recent toefl. I did good in other sections.

toefl2011

I just recieved scores for my recent toefl. I did good in other sections as always. In the speaking section I got 23 with a GOOD comment for Q-1 & q-2 and FAIR comment for 3,4,5 and 6. I am planning to apply for the re-scoring. Please suggest, if it will work for me. I am tired of this exam. I want to take it out of the my way as soon as possible.

Dear online teachers and friends, please save my life. This exam has taken almost everything from me. Please share with me your experienced and educated guesses.

Should I go for re-scoring or not?

Thanks!!

Go for re score... I read here that some scores went up or down 4 points... you might be lucky to get a rater who is having a great day and will give you 26 or 27...

I can't find the previous post here where someone stated that the raters during re scoring process don't know your original score so they don't use your 23 as a guide. Speaking is so subjective so it is really up to the raters. Yes, they have a guide that they follow the "Speaking Rubrics" but again it is very different in every individual raters (there is always a human{error} factor involve) what they think of your responses.

Like you stated you always have a "good" score in the other sections which means you know English and no one can argue with that because those sections (reading and listening) are OBJECTIVE EXAM which means good is good(no humam error)...

So, if you really think you did good in your last exam then go for it and just hope that this time another set of ear will think you deserve a score higher than 23.

• 1 month later...