Urch Forums

RE: BAM! I received a score of 26 on the speaking section

abubaksi

Warning: You have to be 18 and with no heart problems to open the KnoK thread below:

http://www.www.urch.com/forums/toefl-speaking/117837-bam-i-received-score-26-speaking-section.html

Comment:

Taking 26 in the speaking section is not that hard as the BAM knok person is telling everybody. He is talking about a special case " Himself"

If you know how to speak fluently and coherently without a heavy accent, then you will get the 26 in the first or second time as it happened to me and many others by just watching Youtube movies about TOEFL speaking for a couple of times ( it needs as low as 10 hours of study if you know how to speak English).

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=TOEFL+speaking+&aq=f

I do not think his story makes any sense. You do not need 5 years to get 26 if you are normal???!!!

I am writing this to keep the hope up for those who want to take TOEFL and are afraid of some horror stories like the knok tragedy thread.

Sorry BAM knok, Your post has 20,051 viewers which is surprisingly high. I hope most of the viewer are normal and not desperate as you. It looks that people like to read about "a total failure story like yours" rather than a success story like that of "those who passed TOEFL easily".

Edited by abubaksi

hi abubaksi,

Thanks for giving such important links. Your post make me inspired. First time i am going to give test. I have a problem in speaking section because i am not very good in english. so how you prepare for the speaking section? just by watching youtube videos? I need your help because i need 26 in speaking .

The way to improve speaking on TOEFL:

1) Study and learn the question types and how to answer them

2) Practice by speaking into a computer as per TOEFL

3) Have practice analyzed by a professional teacher, with comments on good and bad and how to improve

4) Practice again based on this feedback

5) Repeat 2-5

Tino

hi abubaksi,

Thanks for giving such important links. Your post make me inspired. First time i am going to give test. I have a problem in speaking section because i am not very good in english. so how you prepare for the speaking section? just by watching youtube videos? I need your help because i need 26 in speaking .

I did the following:

1. Watched the youtube videos a couple of times and made a template for each question. Used that template in my practice when I answered the questions.

2. Bought the official TOEFL prep book that has two practice exams.

3. Bought one online practice exam.

Total time for study: couple of hours a day for 2 weeks in the evening.

Please notice that I lived in the USA for several years and I do not have heavy accent.

Tino has some good suggestions as well.

Good luck