Urch Forums

Toefl26spaking!?! Struggling

CarolPT

Hi CarolPT

Are you serious that you took it 16 times? I got 26 in Speaking on my second attempt. I can give you tips through email if you dont mind. I just took it last month and after 6 days, yes, only 6 days, they sent me an email that my result is ready......i guess the reason why the result is very fast because i was the first one who made the exam in the testing center (im not sure about it but it does makes sense......and i think right after your answer in question 6 is recorded, all your answers from speaking question 1 to question 6 will be sent immediately to be evaluated by a human rater).....after answering the 6th question in speaking, i already estimated my score in speaking between 26 - 27......i stutter a little bit in question 2 but i was able to correct it immediately.......it really helps in reading toefl forum.......one of the techniques in speaking is that TALK NATURALLY AS IF YOU ARE TALKING TO A FRIEND.....i've read this advice many times and it really helps.......also during the break after listening, i was talking to myself in the reception, i mean i was using all the templates that i memorized....the receptionist who was looking at me might be thinking that im becoming nuts........just dont know how to give my email address here.....and by the way, i am also a Physical Therapist

Regarding my preparation for the exam, i really concentrated in speaking......i practised alot of independent topics....also i was talking in English most of the time......and even in my normal conversation, i was using the templates.......for example, if my friend is asking Where are you going tomorrow.....i usually replied, Well, in my point of view, i will be watching tomorrow the movie Captain America for the following reasons.....First......Second....hahahaha........i may sound stupid, but it is true...it really help me alot during the examination

Is there anyone having a hard time to reach 26 on speaking??? I took the test 16 times. On the last time, I got 23 but on the question that I didn't answer I got maximum score. It is sooooo weird.

arjo, thanks for your answer, I appreciate it. Yes, I took it 16 times. Since 2011 I am focusing on the speaking session only, and the maximum I got was 24

CONTACT DETAILS DELETED BY MODERATOR. Please use Test Magic messaging system.

Edited by CarolPT

Hi CarolPt

The moderator deleted your contact details. It says we have to use Test Magic Messaging System. I dont how to use it really. I will ask my speaking partner, he used it in contacting me.....i forgot to tell you, i had a speaking partner through internet last January. He is from Eastern Europe. During our first practice, i noticed that he was really having difficulty formulating an idea, i can say formulating because he can speak, of course English, but when it comes to generating ideas to the independent topics, he really needs practise. when he replies, i will give you my email address

Before you practice, try to read and follow this one Replace 5 Bad Habits for Success on the TOEFL Speaking Section.......i followed this one......and before my examination, i bought the mock exam from ETS worth $49.95 and took it i think 10 days before my test date...i took it in a computer shop! Not at home, so that i will get used to the noise of other people talking loudly....i got 27 in speaking on this mock exam and it really boosted my confidence......some says that its just a waste of money, i guess for them it is, but for me, its worth it...... by the way, during my first take, i got only 24 in speaking because you know, the dreaded Questions 4 & 6, so in my speaking practice, i spent more time on these 2 questions....

Also, record your speaking practice with the same timing in TOEFL exam...listen to it again and correct it or have somebody listen it for you and be corrected if there is.....but i think you've done those techniques already.....talk and think always in English, have a normal conversation always in English with anybody.......your fate in Questions 1 & 2 depends on how well you formulate and deliver well structured ideas in a very very short period of time and you can only do this if YOU ARE HAVING NORMAL CONVERSATION IN ENGLISH ALWAYS....Questions 3,4,5,involves more on your notetaking and listening skills.........Question 6, notetaking, summarizing and listening skills are really needed.......if you are weak on those areas, i suggest, you have to focus more also on them......

And lastly, before my examination, i really told my friends to pray for me... i even asked one to make novena before and after the exam so that i will pass......and after my exam, while waiting for the results, i prayed always that the human raters will give me good scores in Speaking and Writing......God bless you

The moderator deleted your contact details. It says we have to use Test Magic Messaging System. I dont how to use it really.

Click on the person's blue name in the left hand column and follow the link to Private Messages.

Alternatively follow the Private Message link clearly shown at the top of the page.

hey i need a speaking partner...im having trouble with speaking because i can't carry out a good conversation.

Hi CarolPT

Are you serious that you took it 16 times? I got 26 in Speaking on my second attempt. I can give you tips through email if you dont mind. I just took it last month and after 6 days, yes, only 6 days, they sent me an email that my result is ready......i guess the reason why the result is very fast because i was the first one who made the exam in the testing center (im not sure about it but it does makes sense......and i think right after your answer in question 6 is recorded, all your answers from speaking question 1 to question 6 will be sent immediately to be evaluated by a human rater).....after answering the 6th question in speaking, i already estimated my score in speaking between 26 - 27......i stutter a little bit in question 2 but i was able to correct it immediately.......it really helps in reading toefl forum.......one of the techniques in speaking is that TALK NATURALLY AS IF YOU ARE TALKING TO A FRIEND.....i've read this advice many times and it really helps.......also during the break after listening, i was talking to myself in the reception, i mean i was using all the templates that i memorized....the receptionist who was looking at me might be thinking that im becoming nuts........just dont know how to give my email address here.....and by the way, i am also a Physical Therapist

Regarding my preparation for the exam, i really concentrated in speaking......i practised alot of independent topics....also i was talking in English most of the time......and even in my normal conversation, i was using the templates.......for example, if my friend is asking Where are you going tomorrow.....i usually replied, Well, in my point of view, i will be watching tomorrow the movie Captain America for the following reasons.....First......Second....hahahaha........i may sound stupid, but it is true...it really help me alot during the examination

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...