Urch Forums

Welcome to TOEFL iBT speaking forum

knok

Hi professionals and all TOEFL iBT test takers,

Thanks Erin for open this new speaking forum. Everyone please shares your experiences after taking speaking section of TOEFL iBT here. Since it is a new section, we would like to know both good and bad experiences from you.

Best wishes,

Knok:tup:

Dear Frinds Please share with us your experince about the speaking section of new TOEFL iBT. Everyone will like to hear from you. So, fell free to say anything you want & be sure that even it's small but it may help thousands of TEST takers. Congratulation in advance for everyone got the score that he/she wants.

Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum. I really appreciate the support and encouragement that everybody is giving here. I passed my FPGEE last December 2005 and I took TSE 3X but I always get 45. Im planning to take TOEFL IBT in September. This new speaking section would be a great help to everybody. May God Bless us all.

I am sure that people want to know how to get a good score or better yet get a 26 on speaking. I know that many people who have been taking TSE will realize that, while ibt TOEFL speaking deals more with Academic subjects, it is much easier than TSE. However, that does not mean it is easy to get 26, just easier than TSE.

Some of the same rules for TSE apply to ibt:

1. Speak slowly and clearly.

Most of us tend to speak too fast, of course just the right speed is best, but it is better to speak slowly than speaking fast.

2. Use the maximum time allowed 45 sec or 60 sec.

Some people talk only 30 sec on 60 sec answer, for 45 sec talk at least 42-45 sec. For 60 sec, 55-60 seconds.

3. Use an introduction.

Most people just answer the question, why not have an introduction and let your answer stand out.

Good luck!

Just a note, it is very hard to post the speaking questions because 4 of them (4 out of 6) are integrated skills. As an example:

1) The test displays a school flier announcing that school parking rules will change next week, with the relavent info.

2) You hear a short dialogue between two students complaining about the new rules

3) You have 1 minute to answer "What problems do the students forsee the new rules will cause, and what solutions do they propose to each other?"

That is a rough sample, but you can see, how can we post what the flyer and the dialogue were here? This new iBT is totally different from those old multiple choice tests you are used to! (except Reading section). I suggest get a good book and study hard!

Tino

• 9 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
i took Toefl IBT exam for 33 times trying to be licensed pharmacist, as you know for that we have to score minimum score of 26/30 and if you are not native speaker it's almost impossible to score more than 22.23 or 24..this exam is polite way from americans and national board of pharmacy to tell all foreign graduates we dont need more pharmacist in america because the market is saturated,in 1990s and till 2003 when america was in need for pharmacist there was no english exam even and after they started having more pharmacist they came up with phone interview to assess your english fluency then toefl exam and lastly toefl ibt where they increase scores of (listening,reading,writing and speaking year after year)..stop wasting your money..this is just way from americans to make money and to let you take the exam again and again..same as they fail people in FPGEE exam and NAPLEX exam for so many times to just get money..

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I want share my experience with TOEFL iBT, I took this test 15 times , I put a lot of effort and money, if you just passed the FPGEE , take TOEFL as many as you can for one year . And study hard you will pass it.

If you cannot pass after one , look for another career . Dont waist your time .

this is my advice for my pharmacist friends