Urch Forums

How do they grade the speaking section?

matbocau194

We have 6 questions in speaking section, right? But, I just see you guys say: "I got 26 (good, good, fair)" or something like that. I just wonder how they grade this section? BTW, are there any extra questions in other sections that they won't grade? (Somewhat like Long PBT in the past - They delivered 60 questions, but only 40 were graded)

Thanks in advance!

If you get 4 points for each questions, you will get 30 on the speaking section. For each question, you will get 0-4 points and this is converted to 30 point scale. In order to get 26, you need 2 good level (3.5 to 4.0) and 4 fair level (2.5 to 3.0) and you will get 26 on speaking. If you get 6 fair scores, the maxium scale score is 24.

Hi knkn,

You don't need to be that harsh. I just got confused coz what Tseprep explained is different from what I see in others' scores. That's it!

• 2 weeks later...

hi

nutan

congratulations

i want to improve my score. i took my toefl 3 times and got 18,19,22. eventhough i tiried a lot in the last two exams, i am not able to get good in first 2 questons. can anybody tell me what they want in first 2 questions?

1. What do you do to relax?

There are many ways to relax ourselves, but I prefer to watch movies and television to relax myself. Movies and television reduce my stress level. By watching films I can escape my own problems for a little while. Sometimes movies and television show positive ways to resolve my problems so I get solutions for my problems. Sometimes I see the funny movies and funny television shows that give me a chance to laugh and forget all my problems.

So in conclusion I prefer to watch television and movies to get relax from all my problems.

Is this a complete answer or need modification?

plz reply me

sonia