1. You need to be conversationalist in style.
2. Avoid talking like a professor or a student reciting a memorized lecture.
3. Be calm when speaking, but remember to be at the right pace of speaking.
4. Use the words "you know", "actually", "basically" and other common conversational words.
5. Use readily-available practice CD-ROM's like Barron and Longman TOEFL iBT.
6. Speak clearly but ensure that words are pronounced with glide and automaticity.
7. Practice moving your mouth (as if you are speaking like an american) during the 10-minute breaktime.
8. Role-play. Speak like an american through imitating the way the speak in the movies, tv shows and talk shows.
9. Speak as if you are talking to a friend. Be natural.
Congratulations.Actually I searched for a word more powerfull than congratulations,just like your score.But I couldn't get it.Any how it's really amazing learning about some one who scored 30 on ibt speaking.Congrats once again.By the way you told that the scorers might me giving more importance to pronounciation.If you don't mind will you please let us know how far you developed and completed the topic of the question in time.
What do you mean by moving your mouth during the break?By the way having the American accent will take you your whole life so my question is how you can have 26 or more in the speaking with an accent .Are the ah ,um ....allowed .It happens to me when I am nervous and searching for the next idea!!!By the way what is your background,are you a daily English speaker in your country??Thanks and again congratulations,scarygirl
What do i mean by move your mouth during the 10-minute break is you need to warm-up. Practice speaking english before you start the speaking part. This will help your oral muscles including your tongue to get used to speaking the american way. Every activity that ends with a success begins with a warm-up. Believe me, it really helps.
I am not a daily english conversationalist. I just try my best effort to immitate the americans on the way they speak on radio, tv news, tv series and movies. I madea lot of role-playing...as if I am an american actor talking in ad-lib script.
During the exam I have ahms... and ah... but I immediately followed my talk with significant word/s. These are my gap-fillers (a little time to relax and catch the right word).
Well, basically I believe that you know a person must not marry at an early age ahmm..most probably because I think that you know it will ----------------. And ahmm... I also think that an early marriage can create ----------------. Finally, you know I think that--------.
That's the way I talk during the speaking task. Not too fast and not too slow but with an american glide in my tounge and very natural.
I have another question for you;what are your templates for the integrated speaking questions as well as the writing questions.I believe that having a template will help and you had such a high score in every thing.My test will be next week on the 14th of sept 07. Thanks ,Scary girl
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)