Urch Forums

Toefl Rescoring !!!!

Oxanabye2

Hi everybody! I just got my rescoring result. It hasn't been changed. The procedure took over 4 weeks, and I had to talk to 4 representatives before I had received my result. The official letter has been lost and I had to request a new one. I am very unhappy with this test at all. I completely agree with the fact that a pharmacist has to speak a perfect English, but this IBT test doesn't reflect my ability to handle a situation with a patient in a pharmacy, in my opinion. It is a very subjective and an exhausting test, especially when you have passed three sections of the test three times in a row, and you have to take it again as a whole, entire thing. We don't have any influence on the rescoring procedure and I don't believe in it. We can't take our speaking records and go to the independent institution to get it rescored which is not right. To pass a writing part is not easy, why I have to do it again? Last September I filled the application for the Class Lawsuit on this matter. Is there anybody who knows anything about it? I read everyone's comments and bulletins talking about this IBT trials: 3 times the score is 23, then 2 times 22,then... People, we have to do something about that. Lets get together like 5 people and hire the lawer to help us to cut this circle.
  • Like 1

Here is my terrible experience with the toefl rescoring too.I have taken the Toefl ibt exam 2 times in 2 consecutive months.The first time I got R28,L22,S22,W27.I requested rescoring for speaking and I got 23 although I didn't do well in the speaking after 1 month I took the exam a second time and I was very surprised to get R27,L26,S26,W22.I WAS SHOCKED FROM MY WRITING SCORE BECAUSE I DID VERY FINE THE SAME AS THE FIRST TIME.I WAS VERY HAPPY TO GET THE DREAMING SCORE 26 IN SPEAKING BUT IT'S USELESS.I was sure that my score in writing was unfair for me ,so I REQUESTED RESCORING IN WRITING,AND I DISCOVERED HOW THE ETS ARE SO RECKLESS AND UN RESPONSIBLE .I have waited for the score to change on my home page it didn't for 6 weeks.I called the customer service for 6 times they are not helpful at all ,everytime they told me the same sentence " still investigating your writing score" I waited for a change .At last I recieved a letter from the ETS saying that your rescoring IN THE SPEAKING SECTION HAS BEEN PROCESSED AND THE ORIGINAL SCORE IS CORRECT.I WAS SHOCKED after waiting all that time consuming time and money for stupid telephone calls I recieve that letter ,I CALLED THE CUSTOMER SERVICE AGIAN THEY DIDN'T DO ANYTHING .So I LOST HOPE and tried to register for another exam and i didn't find test places till May in my country.I have to wait and study again .They have ruined my career and make me lose my job because of their recklessness,they waste our time and money and make us suffer and live in stress,I am sooo depressssseeeeeeeeeeeed.Can anybody tell me what to do to get my rescoring result for the writing ,I am sure I DESERVE BETTER SCORE.

• 1 year later...

I can agree, lily264. I have also called ETS couple times. They are so ****ing unfriendly.

This whole thing is just a big money machine thats keeps spinning!! I guess they even don't want you to receive the appropriate score cause they want you to retake it!! Otherwise, come on, if you see somebody has 98/99 points you would definitely give him 1-2 points more. But **** ETS and their customer "service"! I am excited for my rescoring, if they'll decrease my score I'm like goin nuts!

• 2 years later...

Hi guys,

I took TOEFL twice because I required 26 in speaking. On the second time, I was not satisfied with my score which was 24 in speaking. I found out about rescoring throught this blog. I sent application form on 1st of August. On 22nd my score changed from 24 to 28 in ets website. Applying for rescoring does really worth if you are doubtful.

All the best to all the TOEFL test takers!!!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi sujitha

i send fax on 14 Nov.2011 and the ETS processed on 23 Nov.2011. I called them couple of times they said result will be available after 3 to 4 weeks after 23 Nov. According to ETS result will be conveyed through letter not on TOEFL account. So plz pray 4 my success.

• 2 weeks later...
i tried preparation all 18 times..i took lessons..i paid hundred of dollars to private oen to one american native TOEFl techers,i attended clubs only for student partners from native american speakers...i practice every day...nothing worked......24 three times and when u asked for rescoring i am still saem.when it is 22 or 23 it ususllay changes but never to 26..i ask fro rescoring for every single exam but uselesss

Hi guys!

I think ets is a very good non-profitable legitimate company which does not want to ruin lives. In my case, I did a rescore in speaking because I remembered I was very good at it at the time of the exam. The result was that not only I got what I deserved(5 grades more than I had in the begining) but also a refund for the rescore. I appreciated also the help and guidance of ets team during the rescore process who answered a lot of questions with toefl.

Ets is simply the best!

Hi guys!

I think ets is a very good non-profitable legitimate company which does not want to ruin lives. In my case, I did a rescore in speaking because I remembered I was very good at it at the time of the exam. The result was that not only I got what I deserved(5 grades more than I had in the begining) but also a refund for the rescore. I appreciated also the help and guidance of ets team during the rescore process who answered a lot of questions with toefl.

Ets is simply the best!

Spyrojohn, how many days the whole process of rescoring took?

spyrojohn.... If it is " a good company" why doesn't it give us what we deserve from the first time.. Why should we ask for rescore to get what we deserve? Those 5 grades should not have been taken from you from the first place... How many people got less than they deserve by mistake and didn't ask for rescore because they don't know..

Rescore doesn't give you anything. Just so everyone understands. When you apply for a rescore, ETS submits your speakings (or writings) into its database again. The raters who score it have no idea it is a rescore, they don't know your previous scores, or anything. Sometimes it goes up, sometimes stays the same, sometimes goes down. In my experience, generally, the chance to go up, down or stay the same is equal. If the score changes ETS will refund the $60 fee. If it stays the same, they don't

Tino