Urch Forums

Group iBT Speaking Practice Session on Skype

TOEFL Corey

Hello again, everyone!

My name is Corey, and I'm an online TOEFL teacher in California. Some of you have participated before in free group sessions on Skype, and I'm ready to host another one.

I'm available to lead another one-hour session this Thursday, February 21 at 4:00 PM (Pacific time).

To participate, all you have to do is add me as a contact on Skype and show up a couple of minutes before 4:00 (I will add you into the "group chat" one-by-one, and then we can begin). Board rules prohibit me from putting my contact information, but you can add me by simply clicking on the Skpe icon under my name and picture (to the left of this post).

I look forward to meeting more of you this time, and best of luck in reaching your TOEFL goal!

I just want to apologize to those of you who showed up on Skype but couldn't get in to our "group call." Apparently, there is a limit of 10 on these calls, and we seemed to have at least 15 people, which I was not expecting at all (I've done three other sessions and I think our largest group was about 8 total). I know some of you sent me PM's, emails or talked to me on Skype during the day, and I said "just show up and I'll invite you in," which I'm really sorry about now. If I do another group TOEFL Speaking session, I will make an official list and cut off at 10 so nobody shows up and then gets "shut out."

Hi Corey,

I took TOEFL 5 times and received a score of 26 from my speaking part with no effort for the first 3 times. However, I needed writing skills improvement. Now, when I have writing 26 , my speaking part is 24. My English is much better now. I am working in the pharmacy and interacting with people in person and over the phone with no problem. What is going on? I had 26 from speaking when I didn't understand what I was doing! Now, when I plan my response carefully, providing statements and examples I manage only24!!!!

I really would like to join your online session.

Could you tell me is there any Skype number I have to know to be able to connect these lessons?

• 2 months later...