Urch Forums

How do movies or television influence people’s behavior?

Chantal

Please, could you correct and score my essay? Thanks.

Nowadays people, especially teenagers, are quite influenced by movies or television. People can change their behavior in order to resemble a movie character, their movie’s stars in different ways. Certainly, there are a lot of reasons why it is possible; however, I will list below some of them.

Firstly, there are no difficulties for a person to watch a movie, both at the cinema and on the web they can be find. The more a teenager like a movie, the more he wants to resemble to the characters. In fact, teenagers are susceptible and they can be easily corrupted. They are living a difficult period of their life, thus a lot of the things they saw in a movie can represent a solution for their problems. Secondly, when a movie reach a lot of success, everyone wants to buy the gadgets or the products with its brand and immediately it becomes a must to have one. We can take a look to the stationery products or to the clothing. Last but not least, I think that some people are too involved in the movie that they want to recreate the same in their life, such as wearing certain clothes or using a precise type of make -up.

As we can see, since the movie “Twilight” has became so popular among teenagers, a lot of young people are wearing dark clothes and use make up to seem more pale. In addition, I have heard from the radio that some teenagers had modified even their teeth to look like a vampire. Finally, as this genre of movie reach a huge success, other movies with vampires will be soon appear at the cinema.

To sum up, movies have an impressive and drastic impact on people’s behavior, moreover on the young people. The most important reasons of their success are: the easiness to reach young people’s minds, the huge amount of goods that we can find with the movie brand and finally the too involvement by the people in it.