Urch Forums

Free, Live TOEFL class on internet

Tino

Hey all TestMagic people,

We are running an ALPHA test of our new online LIVE TOEFL class. If you want to join a free test, send me a PM asap. I will make an account for you, and you can join us.

Please: You need to be able and willing to join us at 6:30PM California Time (PST). If you are in the USA this should be reasonable, but if you are not it might be a really weird time for you. So, in your PM please tell me where you are in the world and verify that you will join us! I dont care where you are, but if I am going to make a free account for you, I need to know that you will actually join!

I am only going to make 10 free accounts for testers, so the first 10 people to PM get the free accounts. The free account will be at least until February 2011. The company's plan is to charge $500 USD per month for this..... so getting in now free is (IMHO) a great opportunity.

The class will be Tuesdays and Thursdays. Again: 6:30PM PST.

These are LIVE. Not prerecorded. You can use a windows or mac, but you need to have Javascript enabled and the latest version of Flash Player. If you have a reasonably new computer, you will probably be fine. In the PM I will get back to you with login info that should take care of it. And I will give you my personal email, so if you have a problem I can help you.

Note: this is not a gimmick or sales trick. I will not ask you for any personal info, or credit card or anything. I am the IT guy for this company (see my signature) and I need people to help me test. I have been on TestMagic forums for years (see my thread count), I'm legit!

Note2: Our first class this Tuesday will probably not give you the chance to talk with the teacher, you will just be able to watch. But I will do my best. You will be able to talk with the teacher live eventually. I will be on live and able to chat by text during the class.

Thanks!

Tino

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One more note:

You do NOT need to reply to this thread unless you have a question for all to see. Just send me a PM. I will only make accounts for people who PM me. In your PM you need to give me your EMAIL ADDRESS! Do not post your email, just PM me....... thanks!

Tino

Everyone who PM-ed me: you should have received an email to join our meeting. PLease follow the link now, so you can set up your password and download any files you may need on your computer (the system will check). We use ADOBE for our delivery, so you can trust the downloads (their just Flash plugins anyway).

If you did not get the email, check your SPAM folder, often it goes there!!!!!!

In case you did not get the info PM asap. You can also click this link to go to the meeting: Adobe Connect Login

Remember class starts at 6:30PM, but I will open the room at 6:00PM.... but you can follow that link at anytime.

IF YOU DID NOT PM ME YET DO NOT WORRY! Follow the link above after 6:00PM tuesday and choose to enter as a guest (since you have no login information). IF THERE IS ROOM I will let you join as a guest. I am sure some people will not show up, so why not try?

Thanks all! See you tmrw!!!!!

Tino

I just attended their free speaking and writing class and thought to share my experience with everyone on the forum.It was great

I would say it is a great and generous offer.The class is free right now because they want to start online classes and doing some experiments and in the process they are helping anybody who needs help.

They are going to have a class on listening and reading anybody who is struggling with those two sections can contact Tino.

I was there too, it was amazing, very easy and smooth way in detailing and many practice. The class also takes our questions and answers them in a very professional way.Furthermore they have good experience in Toefl IBT, which is the main concept in the exam.

Thank you for this chance, i'll be there on Thursday.

I attended the class too. I want to start with "THANkS!!". I really appreciate this offer; it's about 3 hours of free online tutoring. It was also interactive as we were able to answer questions and get answers. I believe that being good in English doesn't guarantee that you get the high scores required in TOEFL, what really matter is to know the strategy to get such scores. This class was focusing on such strategies. There were some bothering technical problems with the sound at the begining, but things went much better later. I am really upset because I won't be able to catch up with the session on integrated writing and other speaking tasks before my next exam; it is next Friday!! It's not my first time with the TOEFL!! I am having some problems with writing especially the integrated one! Tino, I heard today that some people in this forum had their writing evaluated; is that still available? I just have couple of days before the exam and I wanted to have an idea about my performance. Thanks again

Tonight's class (Thursday Dec 9) begins at 6:30PM. The online room will be open from 6:00PM.

If you did not receive an invitation by email, do not forget to check your SPAM or JUNK folder, especially with yahoo mail... it always goes to SPAM in yahoo mail.

If you did not get a membership yet, or still cannot get your invitation email you can join the class by clicking here: Adobe Connect Login

Register as a guest! You will have the choice to login with username/password or be a guest. Choose guest and you can proceed with no username or password.

Remember this is CALIFORNIA TIME. 6:30PM in California is 9:30PM in New York. 2:30AM in London (Dec 10th). 8:00AM in Mumbai (Dec 10th). 11:30AM in Tokyo (Dec 10th).