Urch Forums

Rescoring Advice

Madcat88

Today I've received my toefl iBT test results. I scored 104/120

30 in the reading and listening sections

23 in the speaking section

21 in the writing section :(

although I met the overall score requirement for the university I wish to apply for, I need a minimum of 24 in the writing section, I need to know what are my chances of raising my score to 24 if I apply for a rescore. I know I did well in the first question (i expected a 5 or at least a 4 but i got 2.5-3.5 ~fair level~), I didn't do well in the second one (also got a 2.5-3.5 ~fair level~) if I apply for a rescore and got a 4 or 5 in the first question will it raise my score to 24 given that my score in the second question remains the same? or should I retake the test again?

Really appreciate your help.

Edited by Madcat88

go for the rescore if you are confident. Reading here in the forum most of those who have their exam re scored got their 0-4 increments in change. it might decrease or increase but this is a good risk for you, you might get your score.... anyway when your score will change then ETS wont charge you 60 so that will be win -win for you.

anyway If you go for the re score ---goodluck