Urch Forums

Please comment on my essay

nonames

You need to travel from your home to a place 40 miles (64 kilometres) away. Compare the different kinds of transportation you could use. Tell which method of travel you would choose. Give specific reasons for your choice.

There are various methods of transportation and each of them has its pros and cons. Considering a distance of 64 km and evaluating my options of bus, train and car on the criteria of availability, time and convenience, I would definitely prefer to drive.

First of all, I would like to evaluate my options on the basis of availability. Just like trains, buses are also subject to a certain schedule. Thus, if I want to travel with either one I would need to adjust my schedule around their set times. However, my car is always ready and waiting for me in the car park, making it available to me all the time.

Time is money, as the saying goes, making this measure an important deciding factor. If I decide to take a bus or a train, firstly I would need to spare time to buy the ticket or make a reservation. Then, I would need to spare time again to go to the station. Furthermore, both vehicles halt at various stops resulting in a longer travel time. On the other hand, when travelling with a car, obviously there is no need to buy a ticket or make a reservation. It is faster compared to the other options and what's more I only stop my car when I want to. Taking those into consideration travelling by car is the most economical in terms of time consumption.

Looking at my options from a point of view of convenience, driving beats the other two. When travelling by bus, there is someone sitting next to me. If he sneezes I hear, if he coughs I hear or worse if he decides to sleep and snores, I most certainly hear! Similarly when travelling by train I would share a space with other people. They may choose to chat loudly while I wish to read my book quietly. Whereas, in my car I can be quiet or sing loudly to my favourite music playing on the radio. Also, I don't need to worry about other people since I would not share my car with strangers.

Taking the above mentioned reasons into account, I may easily make my decision when choosing the vehicle for travelling--by car. It not only takes you to the targeted placed in the shortest time, but also makes your trip personal and enjoyable. Furthermore since I am using my car, it is available to me all the time, which makes this option the most convenient.