Urch Forums

TOEFL Identification Requirements

catarinalb

Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding the ID requirements to take the TOEFL test. I check their website and sent a bunch of emails but none seem to actually clarify my doubt.

On the TOEFL website it says that in case you're planning to take the test outside your country of citizenship you must present a valid passport with your name, photograph and signature as your primary ID. And then it also says that if you are testing in a European Union country other that the one where you reside, you can use your valid national identity card.

In my case, Im from Portugal (a European Union country) and Im planning to take the test in Belgium (also a European Union country), since Im currently studying there but I don't have a passport, so my question is: can I take the test in Belgium just using my national ID card as identification or do I have to present both passport and my national ID card?

I understand that I can take the test just by using my national ID card but since, if there's anything wrong, they don't refund the test fee, I just want to be absolutely certain.

Thank you in advance,

Catarina