Urch Forums

Can someone evaluate my Essay #Language

preetivshinde

Many People have learned a foreign language in their own country; others have learnt the language where it is spoken.which is better? give the advantages of each and support your viewpoint

=================================================================================================================================

Human beings have been gifted with the mode of communication called “Language”. Evolution of various languages must have happened based on some elements and factors which could be an interesting theory. It could be possible that the language could have originated in groups with similar culture and habits. One more important thing to understand is how the language from one group got spread to another group which had its own language. Overall, the history of language originations and development seems interesting.

Today there must be hundereds of languages spoken across the world. Each country would have its own language and with that a different accent to differentiate it from others. For example, english has been one of the most widely spread language across the world. However, the language is spoken with different accents by the people from various countries. Again, within the country there could be multiple languages, based on each part of the country. The point that interests me is how one would learn the language. Ancient days, people would learn the language as a need to communicate but today it would be need as well as interest. Globilasation in different sectors has made it important for us to know multiple languages. On the other hand, universities introducing courses for the languages has created awareness among students to learn new languages.

Learning a new language, weather it is due to need or interest, would make it difficult initially. The question of Learning a language outside the country, in which it is spoken would be better or within in the country. My personal experience would go with the option of learning a language within the country it is spoken,which I think would be more easy and fast. When we learn a language where it is least spoken makes it difficult to get acquianted with the words. An extra effort would have to be taken to pronounce the word and then understand its meaning. Whereas, if one is surrounded by people who are speaking the language it keeps getting familiar. Repeatedly, hearing the words, we get to learn the pronounciation and its context makes us understand the meaning.

I would like to share my experience of learning new language. When I was in my high school we had an option to take French Language as one of our subjects. Out of interest I opted to take this as part of my curriculum. In my country, French is not spoken at all by anybody. In fact, I had never even heard a single word of French until I attended my class. It was very difficult for me to catch up on the words and its meanings and then forming sentences was another challenge. On the other hand, another subject which was Hindi, spoken all across India, was much easy to learn.

A child develops his language skills from his parents, by catching words he has heard.Similarly, learning a language in a country where it is spoken would add an advantage to the new learner, due to the surruondings.