Urch Forums

Toefl never made, it is time that foreign pharmacists need to do something.

tranhong40

Hi foreign pharmacists,

I have taken toefl for five years for pharmacist license in the US. Now, I did not make it. There are so many people on the web suggest us to give up our dream. What are foreign pharmacists thinking about it? Do we give up or still keep doing? If we keep doing, the chance to pass the toefl test is very small. And Fpgee does not wait for us long. Five years goes very fast and then we have to take the Fpgee again and again. People have how many years for five years. A lot of pharmacists stuck with toefl for years. We could not work full-time to make money to take care our families because we have to study toefl. Moreover, other ones can not go for vacation with their children because they have to prepare for toefl exam. Every time we got the toefl results which we could not get our scores. We were depressed. We could not eat or sleep. In addition, we have almost contributed all of our money which we made to toefl tutors and English courses. We are living so poor lives and our lives like hell. Are there any people know about our lives? No, we still struggle with toefl. Do we deserve to be like that? No, we just do not want to waste our knowledge which we have been studying for so many years at the university and at work. So, why have we been tortured?

ETS made toefl test which is not for us. They made the test for students at the colleges. Most colleges need 22 or 24 for speaking session. But even students at the college still can not get 26 in speaking part. I took the toefl test so many times. I met a lot of students who also took the toefl test. They speak so well, but they only got 20 or 22 in speaking session. I do not know about people who made the toefl test. Did they really test on the real people or not or just assume we are robots. They give us 15seconds, 20 seconds and 30 seconds to prepare before speaking. The time is so short. But, they expect us to speak without hesitation, correct grammar and so on in order to get 26 in speaking. Do you think that it is possible? We are human being. We need to think before we talk. Even though, English native speakers can not have this kind of skills. Toefl is wrong about the test. If they really want to test English speaking skills, they should send people to test us. I do not think that we can not communicate well. I spoke with many pharmacists who went for the toefl test. They speak so well like native speakers. So, what is ETS looking for?

From all of my points, I do not think that we should be quiet anymore. Foreign pharmacists should do something to help our lives. If we do not talk, nobody talk for us. Please do not just read the note and keep quiet. You need to give your opinions and talk out loud your problems. Spread our problems to any resources you can, like face book or anything else which helps people to understand us and fix our problems which they made to us. We can not follow some ones’ mistakes and ruin our futures. We need to do something with ETS and make PFGEE change. Please every people need to give a hand to help our futures. Do not wait until your PFGEE expired. Thank you.

Hi foreign pharmacists,

I have taken toefl for five years for pharmacist license in the US. Now, I did not make it. There are so many people on the web suggest us to give up our dream. What are foreign pharmacists thinking about it? Do we give up or still keep doing? If we keep doing, the chance to pass the toefl test is very small. And Fpgee does not wait for us long. Five years goes very fast and then we have to take the Fpgee again and again. People have how many years for five years. A lot of pharmacists stuck with toefl for years. We could not work full-time to make money to take care our families because we have to study toefl. Moreover, other ones can not go for vacation with their children because they have to prepare for toefl exam. Every time we got the toefl results which we could not get our scores. We were depressed. We could not eat or sleep. In addition, we have almost contributed all of our money which we made to toefl tutors and English courses. We are living so poor lives and our lives like hell. Are there any people know about our lives? No, we still struggle with toefl. Do we deserve to be like that? No, we just do not want to waste our knowledge which we have been studying for so many years at the university and at work. So, why have we been tortured?

ETS made toefl test which is not for us. They made the test for students at the colleges. Most colleges need 22 or 24 for speaking session. But even students at the college still can not get 26 in speaking part. I took the toefl test so many times. I met a lot of students who also took the toefl test. They speak so well, but they only got 20 or 22 in speaking session. I do not know about people who made the toefl test. Did they really test on the real people or not or just assume we are robots. They give us 15seconds, 20 seconds and 30 seconds to prepare before speaking. The time is so short. But, they expect us to speak without hesitation, correct grammar and so on in order to get 26 in speaking. Do you think that it is possible? We are human being. We need to think before we talk. Even though, English native speakers can not have this kind of skills. Toefl is wrong about the test. If they really want to test English speaking skills, they should send people to test us. I do not think that we can not communicate well. I spoke with many pharmacists who went for the toefl test. They speak so well like native speakers. So, what is ETS looking for?

From all of my points, I do not think that we should be quiet anymore. Foreign pharmacists should do something to help our lives. If we do not talk, nobody talk for us. Please do not just read the note and keep quiet. You need to give your opinions and talk out loud your problems. Spread our problems to any resources you can, like face book or anything else which helps people to understand us and fix our problems which they made to us. We can not follow some ones’ mistakes and ruin our futures. We need to do something with ETS and make PFGEE change. Please every people need to give a hand to help our futures. Do not wait until your PFGEE expired. Thank you.

I found the same idea with you on title AN ADVICE FOR FOREIGN PHARMACISTS IN 2007 in this web( Urch.com) He is completely right and he has almost the same your idea. Let me paste it to this view.

http://www.www.urch.com/forums/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by knok http://www.www.urch.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png

I am saying that we have many choices in our lives. Look at a big picture. Nothing is meaningless. Everything has value in itself. Don't put yourself in a corner. Look for more alternatives. Then, you may have less pressure on what you are doing and you may do better. The FPGEE certificate is a long process for some of us. Some of us are lucky but others are not. I don't say that you shouldn't start the process but I am pointing out that it is not an easy way to go for several others as well.

As a moderator, I want you to look at reality and go from there. How will we solve the problems that have occurred? Doctors do not need iBT. Nurses can take IELTS. Why do pharmacists need to take only TOEFL iBT? If it is a fair game, why do several of us keep taking it for several years. It is a true story. It is not meaningless. Wasting several years of one's career and facing difficulties and unfair treatment from the format of TOEFL iBT is something to think about, especially when those who take the test are highly educated and smart people. If you just comply with the rules even though it is not fair, how many people in the future will suffer? Of course, some of you passed it, others received a lower score after passing. What are this TOEFL iBT all about?

Think about it. Even though others may think that you cannot pass, you are going to pass it anyway. Others who have the same experience of not being able to pass the TOEFL iBT, what are you going to do with your lives? Let's get together to do something different. It is time to use the justice system. I am sure that something meaningful is going to show up and the problems will be solved.

For those who want to keep taking it, go ahead! Nobody says that you cannot do it. It is your lives. You can do anything with your lives.

He is right. I believe that NABP should have something with ETS. In Canada and Autralia, 99% Foreign pharmacists take IELTS for their licenses. They do not take TOEFL IBT any more. I do not think that those pharmacists can not communicate well with their patients. So, why does NABP force us to take this suck test. It is not fair. All of foreign pharmacists should think about that.