Urch Forums

ITP - TOEFL exam score

Latvian

Okay, I spotted this on the net:

The purpose of the Institutional Testing Program from Test of English as a Foreign Language (ITP-TOEFL) is to evaluate the English proficiency of non-native speakers. . The ITP-TOEFL score is not internationally recognized. Most overseas universities require submission of the TOEFL score, but the ITP-TOEFL is valid for students wishing to apply to local universities. The test consists of listening comprehension, structure and written expression and reading comprehension, conducted on a Paper Based Test (PBT) only. The scoring system for the ITP-TOEFL is similar to the TOEFL’s Paper Based Test (PBT).

Also, you might want to look here:

http://www.ets.org/toefl/government/toefltables.html

I am not aware of what PBT scores are acceptable for US schools. But I know that, in general, US schools have two cut off levels for the CBT scores:

213 --> For low ranked programs or programs which require just a qualifying score in TOEFL.

250 --> For high-ranked programs or for those programs which think their prospective students require a higher proficiency in English for grasping the course content.

So according to this table:

http://www.ets.org/toefl/government/table4.html

213 comes to an equivalent of 550 in PBT

250 comes to an equivalent of 600 in PBT

Your score:

557 comes to an equivalent of 220 in CBT

So it may be fine for a program with 213 as a cut-off.

Hope that helps.

Dingus