Urch Forums

Getting... Nervous.. first time this TOEFL test

shreeankit

Hi, Friends

This is my first time to take toefl on 13th Feb and I don't know, what to do ? you know, I did a lot of practicle on reading but still getting only 21 -22..... its horrible for me. Structure is not a problem because i get the range of 10 -28 or 11-28 in any test. In listening, i get 24 or 25 without any effort. However, I need only 213 so i don't worry about this test as compared to TSE and that i already passed.

But stil, I don't feel comfortable in reading..........PLs any suggestion...

shreeankit

Hi, Awhig

As you say : Powerprep is important. Ya, i understand but you know. Now after doing three times powerprep, I know what will be the topic and what will be the answer as soon as they start speaking. So what do i do ? you know that they are not going to ask the same things.

Any suggestions pls

Thanks

Shreeankit

ETS gives essay from the pool uploaded by them . Their number is around 300. Best thing is to just glance over their titles and think quickly. Stop at those topics that compell you to think a lot. Most of the essay topics have similar themes. Variations are there but little.

Regarding Cambridge, if you have less time, do not do as their level is tough than POWERPREP. If you have perfected with the latter than switch to it. The tests of Cambridge should be attempted last.

I did Cambridge last and it helped me. If you do it before POWERPREP your confidence will shake.

For more practice, there are some posts in this forum that give you link for practicising on Listening part.

hi ppl....

as far as essays are concerned go as awhig says......

listening, reading, structure......you can download them and practice....

try deithi.com....thay have quiet many free downloadable samples......plus other related good stuff.....

and since i have no clue about the cambridge...i'll rather not give you "gyan" on that.....eh

regards,

prashant

Thanks....Guys for sharing your experience

You know, for me to do powerprep is useless because i know all those topics with answers. so it will not really judge my ability.

However, I started doing practice from dethi.com and cambridge. and you know, awhig, you say cambridge is difficult but it seems that it is easier for me than powerprep because in cambridge, speakers speak in slow speed as compared to powerprep. so you have time to concentrate well on each word. however, some long conversation is tough. but still it is ok.

Anyway, Awhig, prashant ....Thanks a lot for your suggestions....

Shreeankit

• 3 weeks later...