Urch Forums

rescoring in TOEFL ?

hemchand

Sorry,

I was waiting to see if anyone posted a response. But no one has. I know of no way to get a rescore or reevaluation.

Supposedly your essay is graded by two people. Each gives a score of 1-6 and then the two scores are averaged. If the difference between the two score is more than 1 full point (eg: a 3 and a 5), then a supervisor is called in to determine the score.

I imagine that the TOEFL people (ETS) will tell you that they think this process is very fair, and thus will not take another look at the essay. :mad:

Good luck

Tino

vijaya is right you can request that with additional fee. check (TOEFL Rescoring) in this page: http://www.ets.org/toefl/learners/cbt/testresult.html#essay

here is exactly what it says:

TOEFL Rescoring

You may request that your TOEFL CBT essay be rescored up to six months after your test date. See the TOEFL/TWE Rescoring Request Form.

good luck.

• 1 year later...

hello,

did you rescore your results? I just decide to rescore the test. I received decent score in speaking part, but unfortunately i got 22 on writing. that was such a surprise for me, because i was pretty sure that i will have high score.

if you have any information about this, could you, please, tell me.

thank you in advance.

Marina

hello,

did you rescore your results? I just decide to rescore the test. I received decent score in speaking part, but unfortunately i got 22 on writing. that was such a surprise for me, because i was pretty sure that i will have high score.

if you have any information about this, could you, please, tell me.

thank you in advance.

Marina

According your post, I can see what you can improve on your writing.

I is always "I", not "i". Capital letters are needed at the beginning of sentences.

"Could you please tell me(?)" There should not be (,) between "please". I think that you may need to study about punctuations. Some TOEFL preparation books explain very well. I know that everyone makes mistakes including me. ;)

I am not perfect but I think ETS will deduct points from your writing if capital letters are not used at the right places.

I think that Michael will be able to tell you better than me. Unfortunately, at this moment, he may ignore all the posts that use "i" instead of "I" or any post that does not use capital letters at the beginning of sentences.

Best wishes,

Knok