Urch Forums

Toefl Speaking Q

sonalikalra29

Hey guys..

Who ever got 26 in speaking section of toefl ibt...could u please tell me that how did to perform in the test...

I mean

Were u able to answer all the Q properly in test(speaking)?

Could u ans everything with good grammer and vocabulary?

Did u ans everything without using uhh....ahhh... sounds in between?

U know things like that....

I just wanted to grade myself...

Please ans all 26er's

Thanks

Appreciate ur help.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there

Yes i gave my IBT on 29th of july..and it went quiet well.I had

to give mainly for speaking section coz i cldn't clear my TSE,so my main concern was speaking section.

I didnt practice much on reading listening and writing..but as i gave TOEFL cbt B4 so i didnt find it very difficult.

I followed Kaplan,Princeton books for IBT and found them good.

Reading section has some difficult Vocab words and its quiet lenthy...so u should really concentrate on time limit..and practice for that....U will be able to finish on time but i didnt get time to chk my answers.So probably Practising for Time management could be main criteria for Reading section.

Listening section

In listening the conversations were quiet lenthy specially the lecture part...so u will have to take down notes...simultaneously while ur listening.

Some can do without taking notes....but i will advice u to take one....as sometimes they really ask some information from lecture...so its good if u write abt lecture while u listen...as u might forget those minute little details.

I didnt find this very difficult and as the clarity of voice is very good..its easy to understand the topic.

Again lecture's are very lenthy...so it gets boring by end.

Speaking

Well this section is a little bit tricky....but i dont know about others i found it better than TSE...but yes u will have to practice B4 a lot.Coz the Q are not very direct so u should have an idea abt the pattern of Q B4 hand as u wont get time there to understand the pattern of Q's there.

So do lot of practice for speaking......and as now u have lot of material available for practice...so just get 2-3 Toefl Ibt books and practice all Q in speaking part...specially the 4th and 6th Q cld be little tricky..other 4Q are kind off OK....Converse in English with everyone...i think thats really impt as it gets u in flow....so u wont find it difficult to talk there.

Dont worry abt distractions there in Center as other's might also give Speaking section with u...just concentrate on ur Q.....and talk clearly...try to ignore other voices...

Writing

Well abt writing...i could do it on time and also cld get time to chk my essay.If ur not very fast in typing...dont worry..i think u will be able to finish it.As i am also not too fast typer.But managed it somehow..

4hrs are quiet long...u tend to get tired by end...but overall its not that difficult....and ofcourse we dont have anyother option rght..So Keep practising.

Well this is what i felt....now lets see how do i score.

All The Best to U and everybody.

:tup:

hey sonali, how was ur ibt? and when did u give it? if u can give us all a brief idea regarding it, i think that would be really helpful. then probably some pros might grade u as they read ur experience.

thanx