Urch Forums

TOEFL iBT in September

myname

Hey SD,

I m very sorry for replying after such a long time, I was not able to log into this a/c all these days...anyways I just replied to a post from asif...so how is ur writing section goin on?? I completed the reading comp section from the official guide..now I m on the listening section...Also I am planning to buy Kaplan's TOEFL iBt with CD for practice...How do u find the Longman book??

Hi, Guy:

Nice to see your reply.

This moment I feel hard to do this integrated writing from Longman book. Have you done this part of work? Tell me your feeling? After finishing Longman books, I will also do Official Guide soon, then do Kaplan one. So, then we can discuss the detail of those books.

Happy study!

Hey SD,

I havent yet done the integrated writin part..I finished the reading and listenin part, they both are fine...when r u plannin to start the other sections?? do u think the writing section is the most time consuming section among all 4??? anyways lets help each other as much as we can....

BTW, I m a girl...

For me, writing is the worst part. Even the spoken part is also kind of writing for me because you need organizing your speech, not just conversation. So that is why I start on writing first.

BTW, I am a lady, hope this is not disappointing you. :)

Hey SD,

Its not at all disappointing..So how is ur writing section going on??

For Priyankam,

As SD have mentioned, welcome aboard!! Let us know wht book have u started studyin from....Also I read ur other post, would appreciate if u can tell us how ur test experience was?

Thanks myname and SD2007.

I have taken the test on Aug4th.I got less score in Reading and Listening.

In the Listening section,i had no time to answer 6 questions(in the first part).

In the Reading section,i had to spend very less time in the summary questions (like 30-60 seconds).As u know that summary questions have more points.

Speaking and Writing were okay.In speaking,i got 1 good and 2 fair.

In writing,i got 2 good.

Im retaking the test on Sep14th.Earlier,I used Barrons.Now,im planning to buy ets official guide or Kaplan.Which one do u think is the best one?

and howz ur prep coming along?

Hi Priyanka,

Thanks for sharing ur experience...I would like to know how long were the lectures in the listenin section... also after listening to the lectures approx. how much time do we get to answer all the questions?? 1 more thing, approx. how many passages do we get in the reading section??

As u know, currently I m preppin from OG, I find it good. I have placed an order for Kaplan as well..still dont have the book so I cant give any advice on Kaplan..thanks..appreciate ur help...

Thanks for the info, myname.

The time for the lectures is similar to the one in Barrons practice tests or others.But for each part in the Listening,there is one conversation and two lectures and we have to answer 17 questions in 10minutes.There is no particular time for each conversation or for each lecture.

In any test,there will be either a long reading section or a long listening section but not both.

If u get long reading section,u have to answer 6 passages.If it is a long listening section,u have to answer 3 conversations and 6 lectures.

If u have official guide,go through the test pattern.It will be clear over there.

Hi friends,

I am ny2007. pls take me also to this discussion. Well i am expecting to do the toefl on 27th oct and yet trying to polish my words. Hav eto buy books and going to buy longman. Can i download the book from somewhere or do i have to buy it.

NY2007

Thanks a lot priyankam,

I wil do that. While trying to polish my vocab i am now started reading some essays then i will try the Official guide. I have the official guide but not the CD. Is it possible anyone topost the CD.

Thanks a lot:mad: