Urch Forums

Please help me out!!

nen25

Hi guys,,,,

I stuck in TOEFL iBT. Every-time i got 23 or 24 in speaking and i really need 26. I also tried for rescoring, but my bad luck there was only one point increment.:smack::smack::smack: Can anyone please help me out? What to do?

I really wanna go through it to get H1 visa otherwise i am not able to work for the whole year. I fed up by sitting home as an idle. Sometimes, i am too depressed from this kind of life, not to do any thing as you are on H4 status.

No one ( independent pharmacy ) gives me a voluntary work just for couple of days in a week. :blush::blush: So I can improved my fluency and work on my weakness. But no hope...

Please help me out.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you have any friends who are really native English language speakers?

I think, that is what you need now. Your English is good so you don't have to improve it, just work on diction.

Don't lose your hopes, there are lots of people in this forum who went to repeat the Toefl test, and finally they got their desired score. Be strong and keep trying...

Good luck.

Hi Nen25,

I could able to understand ur pain because even I went thru the same pain. Just yesterday, I cleared toefl in my 4th attempt with 26 in speaking. Some tips I want to give u. (1) Dont loose hope, keep on practising, if u could able to take 24, then 26 is not a big deal (2) Book toefl test dates continuously with 2 weeks gap, so that you will in the flow always (3) Select a good test center where everything is perfect (head phone, space etc) (4) Try to do the independent task in a nice way, dont be too slow or too fast and try to finish within the time given, give atleast 3 valid points. According to me, independent task adds value while rescoring. Practice independent task with writing topics given in ETS book (5)Try to finish all other task within the time given, show your confidence while speaking, be casual (6) Dont apply rescoring if you have scored 23, apply rescoring only for 24.

Dont loose hope, dont hate the exam which is very important. Hope this will help you.