Urch Forums

Hi ,any body will take Tse exam next 5th March

Heshammbm

Hello Folks,

I am very surprised to see that TSE is still being administered In USA. I am exhausted of giving Toefl ibt to get 26 in speaking for my Pharmacy license. Can you guys tell me when to register for the next available date. Any information is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Nasir,

Get people in your area and request ETS to open the test site. It may take months but you need to follow up.

TSE is not an easy test. The good point is that we do not need to retake the other three sections that we have passed. I passed these 3 sections 15 years ago before I attended graduate schools in the USA.

Many people think that TSE is easier than iBT. Actually, it is just a different format. Graph in TSE is horrible as well. You have 15 seconds to look at the graph. Don't get panic if you don't do well on this question. Good luck. I have been sick for 3 months now and will take TSE on March 5 and iBT on March 6. I did not know that ETS would offer TSE on March 5 after following up for 4 months. I registered for iBT long time ago.

Don't get frustrated if you are treated unfairly. NABP and ETS make it to be this way. They want to make this road tough intentionally to discourage and get rid of foreign graduates.

Bye and have energy to handle any situations that might occur. I would like to give this message to anyone who never starts the FPGEE process to learn all positive and negative aspects. Usually, negative comments will be erased and bragged by those who passed. Half of candidates never get the FPGEE certificates after trying for years.

Do your best.

I want to add some more hard facts in addition to Knok message. If you don't have the legal status in USA i.e work authorization, Green Card or Citizenship, please think 100 times before attempting for FPGEE. I don't want to discourage anyone but these are the hard facts. You will waste your time, money and efforts and at the end you will not find any employer to sponsor you for H-1 Visa. Things were different few years ago but now everything has changed a lot. I am not talking based on anyone's else experience but of myself. If you feel that you will easily find the employer who can sponsor you, then go for FPGEE and Toefl, otherwise think and plan carefully. This is my sincere advice.

Thanks Knock,Pinky.

I agree with you guys.

But i guess situations are going to get more worse,but one hope for us now is keep positive thinking that things may improve after sometime.

Mine is also scheduled on March 5th.

Thanks for getting together.

Good luck to all.

Hope by God's divine blessings we all get required score which we need for FPGEC.

I am tensed/scared/petrified.

God bless.

Hey Knok,

Good luck, I hope you get 55 on TSE and 29 on iBT Speaking!

Nasir,

Get people in your area and request ETS to open the test site. It may take months but you need to follow up.

TSE is not an easy test. The good point is that we do not need to retake the other three sections that we have passed. I passed these 3 sections 15 years ago before I attended graduate schools in the USA.

Many people think that TSE is easier than iBT. Actually, it is just a different format. Graph in TSE is horrible as well. You have 15 seconds to look at the graph. Don't get panic if you don't do well on this question. Good luck. I have been sick for 3 months now and will take TSE on March 5 and iBT on March 6. I did not know that ETS would offer TSE on March 5 after following up for 4 months. I registered for iBT long time ago.

Don't get frustrated if you are treated unfairly. NABP and ETS make it to be this way. They want to make this road tough intentionally to discourage and get rid of foreign graduates.

Bye and have energy to handle any situations that might occur. I would like to give this message to anyone who never starts the FPGEE process to learn all positive and negative aspects. Usually, negative comments will be erased and bragged by those who passed. Half of candidates never get the FPGEE certificates after trying for years.

Do your best.

TSEprep,

Thank you for your kind words. I wish your wish and my dream comes true. :luck2:

For those who are taking the test in Seattle. There is a protest going on here near the test center. Over hundreds of students parade along the streets and shout something like, "Books, not bars". I am going to ask my son this evening about what is going on over there. Please make sure that you spare enough time for the strike. The traffic may get worse.

Hello Knok,

Long time I did not check the forum here.Hope you did well in both TSE and TOEFL Wish you the best of luck to pass the TSE and the IBT this time.

As I remember you did your FPGEE in 2006. I heard that NABP return back the 2 years expiration, if we did not pass the TOEFL within 2 years then we have to hae the FPGEE again.

Any details about that?

I hope I misunderstood that issue.

Thanks

Dr_amgad,

Thank you for your kind words.

You misunderstood the issue.

No, your TOEFL and TSE will be on NABP's file. FPGEE is the test to check whether foreign grads have the same level of pharmacy knowledge as US pharm grads or not. Otherwise, NABP should recall US grads who graduate to take the test every 2 years. To qualify to be a pharmacist, we need to pass NAPLEX anyway.

However, you need to send a letter to confirm NABP that you are in the process of FPGEE certificate so that NABP will keep your file open. I guess that many people quit in the process.

I passed FPGEE since 2003, not 2006. I met many foreign grads who passed since 2002, 2003, 2004.. and so on on the TSE center in Seattle last week. One of those got my phone number but I forgot to ask his. I hope that he passed since he started the process long time ago as well.

I talked to one of candidates from the Phillipines. Her English was very good. I told her that she should pass this time. She answered immediately, "That is not the only criterion to pass the test."

I observed from the test center here in UW and other places. I can say that the noise canceling system in the headphones of UW(TSE center) was far better than that of all test center of TOEFL iBT. Two prometric test centers here, both in Puyallup and Mountlake Terrace, and all test centers such as Bellevue City University use very low quality headphone. The brand of headphones is Koss. I can hear everything when people start to talk. It is very difficult to concentrate, especailly when test centers put candidates too close with each other. However, some candidates who passed the test told me that it was a good point since she could hear and know what the questions were about. She listened to everybody and got the ideas what to answer ahead of time.

In Bellevue, City University put candidates too close with each other. One table, the center put 2 test takers. It was quite disturbing. I sent the letter to ETS a month ago but the issue has not been solved. Some people shouted on the top of their lung. Their voices are not pleasant to hear. Actually, I would say that even though ETS refuses to change anything, candidates should be considerate to others. Speak in normal voice. Don't shout!

Edited by knok

Thanks Knok,

So you mean that if I did not send any letter or any score to the NABP, then file will be closed. My last exam was in Dec. 2007, since that time I did not communicate at all with NABP. Should I send a fax or email now or it is already over?

I am working now in UAE. I am happy with my career here. But as money wise it is not comparable for sure to US. I am really confused about trying again in the TOEFL. I heard that is even if I got the FPGEC certificate. Still hard to get the H1 visa.

What is your thoughts?

Dr_amgad,

You have to check with NABP though. If you are happy with your career, I don't see any reasons to relocate. Please don't look at the amount of wage here. The job is stressful as well. My friend told me that the company has kept cutting technician hours because of the bad economy. The cost of living in the US is outrage when compared with many countries. In addition, the cost of education, especially college level is ridiculously high.

However, if you want to try again for TOEFL and if you get a certificate, you can keep it and decide later. But if you are tired and do not see any reasons to move and make your life happier, I don't see any reasons to go through the process again. If TOEFL is easy for you, go for it. Otherwise, it may be the test that ruins your life. Life is short. We don't have hundred years to live. There are many things in life that we should enjoy. It is true that it is not easy to find internships now.

I just talked to one of my classmates (American), which we both accidentally found out that we are pharmacists. He quit being a pharmacist because of being tired from the stressful situations at work. Some days he had to do 400 prescriptions. He made serious mistakes twice in his 16 years of his pharmacy career. He was put in difficult situations twice. He says that people should enjoy what they are doing. Teenagers should look at a reason for job choice by looking at other aspects of the work, not the money. If you put the money as a main reason for job choice, one day you will not want the money anymore since you are not happy with what you are doing. There are many careers that make more money than pharmacists. To tell you the truth, my friends who are pharmacists in my home country makes more money than pharmacists here and the job are less stressful.

In my opinion, we are likely to look at the job that we think we can grow in that career. We will be less likely to do the same job over 10 years. We need changes. So, enjoy your precious time at your current job. I wish you well on any of your endeavor. The most important thing in life is happiness.

Best wishes, :tup:

New rules will apply to all candidates starting on July 1, 2010. I feel sorry for those who just passed FPGEE. Spread the news to all those who haven't started to apply to the program. This is a drastic change. NABP is sending a message to foreign pharmacists. We always have choices in life. Think about all options before it is too late. Before you invest in anything, please make sure that you have correct informatiton.

TSE Prep,

Thank you for your wishes. Eventually, I received a score of 26 on the speaking section of TOEFL iBT. You are so encouraging and never gives up to give support to everybody. Thanks again.

I'll post later about the details. I am planning my vacation this spring break to meet my journey companions.

Erin,

I will fly to see you soon as I said before. My close friend is doing Post Grad at UC-Berkeley and I plan to visit her. I'll stop by your office and say hi.

Best wishes to everybody. Every word and companion in every minute counts.

Talk to you later. :)

Knok

Edited by knok

Dear Knok,

Congrats! All the hard work and now you made it, watch you will get 55 on TSE :-P. Good luck and take care.

TSE Prep,

Thank you for your wishes. Eventually, I received a score of 26 on the speaking section of TOEFL iBT. You are so encouraging and never gives up to give support to everybody. Thanks again.

I'll post later about the details. I am planning my vacation this spring break to meet my journey companions.

Erin,

I will fly to see you soon as I said before. My close friend is doing Post Grad at UC-Berkley and I plan to visit her. I'll stop by your office and say hi.

Best wishes to everybody. Every word and companion in every minute counts.

Talk to you later. :)

Knok

TSE Prep,

Thank you very much. You are so inspiring on my journey. You are so patient with us in this forum. Thanks again for your kind words. I wish that you will continue to keep up the good work. Do you still teach speaking in CA? My friends took your course in 2004. Then, they passed the TSE and IELTS. They are nurses.

I wish you well on your business and your life. God bless you. About the TSE, I'll keep you posted. I don't really care about it anymore. In case if I luckily passed it, I would like to have transferred my score to someone else if it was possible. :)

Best wishes,

Knok

Edited by knok

Hi Knok

congratulations..it is a great success after lots of trouble.. i could not give my tse exam in new jersey due to lack of sufficient number of booklets..since i went there stand by..i could not give my tse..i am palnning to give ibt again...please post us some tips to ace toefl ibt.

anyways its a big acheivement in life..you need to celebrate it..

Hi Knok

congratulations..it is a great success after lots of trouble.. i could not give my tse exam in new jersey due to lack of sufficient number of booklets..since i went there stand by..i could not give my tse..i am palnning to give ibt again...please post us some tips to ace toefl ibt.

anyways its a big acheivement in life..you need to celebrate it..

Thank you. I am sorry to hear that you could not take the TSE. For TOEFL iBT, I would think that you should take all opportunites to learn to pass the test. It is not good to keep repeating the test over and over. I would say that if anyone feels burnt out from taking the test, please stop taking it at least 3-6 months. Be well prepared and start over again. For those who haven't started the process, think again and re-estimate the situation. It is a tough process.

About the tips, please check the TOEFL iBT speaking forum. I will post them later. I am so exhuasted.