Urch Forums

January 2005 test scores?

gforce

recieved my score!!! I got 50!! whew!! took it the third time before getting this grade!! Thank you for all the people who are unselfishly giving tips on this site... i hope i could help.. I took my exam in Los Baños, Philippines... i took my 1st and 2nd TSE at Int. School in Makati.. I don't really know how i passed.. PRAYERS (Definitely!! from my parents, sisters, brother..., grandmother, uncles, aunties...and friends!! thank you.. like i'm accepting an Oscar??).. i'll post more of my experience and maybe some tips on how to pass... next time.. so again to the group of people here .. thank you very much!!! We will pass this exam!! in God's Name!!!

krizzy, i 'm planning to take my tse at los banos. can i get your email address coz i want to ask a few questions from you. I failed TSE twice already. I thought I'm going to pass the last time but still I got 45.

I got my result yesterday. I passed and got 50...:tup: ...I took the exam in International School in Taguig..I really felt bad during the exam...I thought I would fail..I think it is God's grace that helps me pass the exam...I kept on praying about it!!!Just entrust everything to God and He will do the rest!!! Keep on pressing your goal...no matter what!!!!:) God is so good!!!

Krizzy& Ichican,

Congratulations! :tup:

Don't keep your tips in private please. Tell others what you learn from test review center. What did you do differently on the test you passed and the test before?

Thank you. ;)

Knok

CONGRATULATIONS Krizzy& Ichican !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:tup:

pls do post tips on tackling the examination pressure.

i have a question.

did u speak for the whole 1 minute or did u speak for less time ? while practicing i am finding it difficult to keep speaking for 1 min. i somehow finish it well before a minute. :( if i try to elaborate things, it goes beyond a minute. did u experience such problem on ur exam day? how did u tackle it? pls do enlighten us!!

Hi guys...I only have Dean Papajohn's book as my reviewer...and the rest of the tips I got it here!!!:tup:

During the exam, I am confident with my answer on the story telling, the graph and answering a complaint..the rest I think I finished answering it before the time...I believe that even you've finished earlier before the beep, don't try to speak or add anything...On some questions, I just answered straight to the point...as long as my words were clear. I even felt stupid when answering some questions, because I kept repeating my point.:eek:

I realized that when you feel you didn't get the exam, the result will be positive...it seems weird huh!!!:hmm:

My most important tool for passing TSE is PRAYER!!! Have Faith!!!

Oh.. of course i would post my experience here... so that everybody can have at least see what i did.. I took my first TSE April 2k4, International School Taguig... i just bought the Php 250 photocopy brochure with 3 CDs in front of PRC and got some inspiring messages from this site... hoping that i would mysteriously nail the exam without any formal review... Okay when exam day arrived, i was really expecting i could nail the questions... well, i did not finish the picture story (still need at least 10 seconds to finish the 2 boxes of pictures.. there was a lot of pauses and ahhss..) so i got 45. Before taking my 2nd TSE, i'm not that confident to confront TSE without any practice.. so i opted to attend a formal review center (Mr. Garabato, for 2 weeks - 5 days for 2-3 hours a day). The review was great! Imagine you are forced to speak for 2-3 hours a day!! wheww!! He taught us on how to minimize your pauses and ahhs...that in times of you are groping for words or u feel that u don't make any sense, say "What i'm trying to say is that...." to make your point.. and he taught us on how to start, end each question... using cohesive devices ..(which is not commonly used by Filipinos by the way..) In fact, I was not really convinced first that this is the way Americans speak.. but i tried to really dissect the way Americans (from television interviews-- like Ophrah... ) answer opinion questions.. and they are really using cohesive devices.. so i was convinced by then that i'm on the right track. I took my 2nd TSE October 2004, International School Taguig and unfortunately i did not pass!! I was confident that i would pass this time!! really!! i was really depressed learning that i got 45!!! Then somebody suggested that i took my exam in Los Baños.. so i tried that this January... i still used Mr. Garabato's techniques and handouts when reviewing... but then i realize that maybe its on the accent, that maybe i'm not sounding as American as i should be.. i was contemplating on learning the American Accent by really resigning from my present job and apply as a call center agent!! (that was really the last straw for me!!) .. i've heard that they are giving a 2-week training after that training, you would be able to fool them because of the accent.. And because God heard my prayers, i met my cousin who is presently working as a call center agent.. he lend me materials he got from his training and i read and used them for 5 days... but i was really thinking that the goal is to sound intelligent not alien or irritating.. coz you know you could get overboard... so that is the preparation that i did ... for the exam proper i'll be posting it again later...

Hello everyone,

I just received the official score sheet. I scored 55. I'm reasonably happy with the result since all the universities on my list require above 50 in order to be accorded the position of a Teaching Assistant.

I'll be happy to answer any queries.

A BIG thanks to knok and the other resident TSE gurus! Finally, thanks to Erin for providing the best forum in the world!

Cheers!

Thanks knok!

You have been the driving force behind my success! I owe you a big hug...

I've applied to the CS PhD & MS programs at many universities in the United States. Check out the 'SUCCESS' forum for the latest updates on admission decisions.

Thanks for all the help rendered so far.

Cheers!

Krizzy and everyone,:tup:

Thank you for posting the tips. When you can think of some beneficial information that might benefit others, don't forget to post it. Thank you. This test is really important to many people who plan to pursue their careers.

Especially, those pharmacists whose FPGEEs will expire this June 2005. Hopefully, there will be a big move in NABP. God bless you all.

Good Luck. :tup:

Knok