Urch Forums

Time to prepare

RMgX

Hello, everyone

I have some questions about the details of the TSE. Would you please help me ?

1 Are pencils are provided by the test centers or should be taken by test takers? Are pencils are allowed?

2 It is said that when the supervisor finished reading the direction, there is an interval as long as 1 min for test takers to prepare for the nine questions. And after the time is over, the supervisors would say: " Now start" Is it true?

3 Is there any beep to inform the test takers the time is over? If not, how can the test takers know the time is over?

4 Are clocks or watches allowed in the test center?

Thank you very much!

• 2 weeks later...
There are times that the testing center would not have the available materials ready for you unless you would ask them. My suggestion is that you should bring a pencil and papers. It varies from the questions being asked. Like for example, there are questions that have 60 seconds to prepare for the answers whereas, there are only 15seconds and for some other questions, no time given to prepare. About the time, you will hear a beep to start and two beeps after 60 seconds (end time). You could have your watch with you but I don't think that when you're already taking the test, you'd rather think of the answer than of the time. Well, that's all I could say for now. Good luck! By the way, I just took my TSE today and hopefully I would pass this time.