Urch Forums

I would just like to express my anger.

wpvmfl

I really don't understand how some people are getting a 50 on the TSE exam. I look at their writings and have heard some sample voice recordings. I am sorry but they are horrible. I have practiced English with a few students who have taken the TSE and they have received scores of 45s. Honestly, these students all deserved 50s or better. I don't understand how they grade this TSE exam, but someone is not doing their job properly. Some of the writings I see in this forum have improper English. I heard samples of spoken English by some people who claimed they received a grade of 50 and the speaker doesn't clarify the words properly. My students don't have this problem, but just received 45s on the TSE exam. I think this TSE exam is a bunch of BS and I feel for all thoses who truly deserve 50s and are constantly taking this BS exam and receiving 45s because some idiot grader is lazy and just gives out 45s because they have a certain amount of 45s they have to give out. I believe they have a limited amount of 50s and once the grader has reached their quota no matter how well the TSE taker is the best they can receive is a 45. The TSE SUCKS!:mad:

Good luck to all of you. You are going to need it.

Dear Wpvmfl,

I understand your anger and I agree that the TSE is an unfair test. Almost everybody that is part of this forum will agree, however do not demean the people who got 50 on TSE. Many people had to go through hell to get that score, and many more are still waiting for the June results. It does not matter what you or I think about the "Raters" of the TSE, the bottom line is that 2 Rater had to agree and gave the score of "50" and every person who received it worked hard and deserve it. Those of you who have not yet received the 50, you deserve it as well and good luck!